70s Greco Les Paul

danielpsmart

TDPRI Member
I spent some time yesterday working on my buddy's lefty Gibson Les Paul Classic and my 70s Greco LP. His had an issue with the bridge pickup, which was sorted out pretty easily. Mine got a new set of Grover tuners, a string change and overall clean.

While cleaning my Greco, I noticed that the pickup selector toggle cover still had the plastic on it. Not bad for a 45 year old guitar. I left the plastic on.

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I spent some time yesterday working on my buddy's lefty Gibson Les Paul Classic and my 70s Greco LP. His had an issue with the bridge pickup, which was sorted out pretty easily. Mine got a new set of Grover tuners, a string change and overall clean.

While cleaning my Greco, I noticed that the pickup selector toggle cover still had the plastic on it. Not bad for a 45 year old guitar. I left the plastic on.

View attachment 1043646
View attachment 1043645
A guy I knew in Jr. High (mid-1960s) had a Greco that was "kind of" an ES335 style. Very cool guitar. (although we didn't really respect it cause it was A. Made in Japan and B. NOT-A-GIBSON.)

danielpsmart

TDPRI Member
These two guitars are actually very similar build quality. The fit and finish is similar. Playing them back to back isn't really possible, since one is a lefty, but I assume the pickups would differentiate them the most. SD Antiquities vs Dimarzio/SD JB.