'70s Bill Lawrence L-250 T ?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Joe Harris, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Joe Harris

Joe Harris Tele-Meister

Did the real Bill Lawrence ( Willi Stich) make a version of the L-250 in Tele bridge pickup in the '70s ?

I have the two versions of the L-220Ts and several L-250s for Strats made by the Real Deal however the only L-250 Ts I have encountered are from the "fake" Bill Lawrence.

That Cal Webway likes this.
  2. Derek Kiernan

Derek Kiernan Friend of Leo's

All the designs are from Bill Lawrence. The L250 and L220 were both historically made by him back then. In the 2000s, he sometimes had an L250 that was a high inductance dusl blade pickup, but I don’t think he ever reissued that version after he began investigating the L45, which he viewed as a superior and more capable pickups. The 70s bladed pickups were pretty amazing. You can read about them in some reference books, worth looking up.

3. hopdybob

hopdybob Friend of Leo's

i think the l90 and l220 (with triangle base)are from that time period.
    the l500 is curved blade and think from the 80's
    [​IMG]

what i learnt from using these and the newer versions that what i like in the old ones, i like in the new ones.
    personal i love the L500 over the L90 if they are old ore new.

so that is saying something about production, that they still make them now to sound like in the past.
    (so don't buy those old things for high prices if you can get the multiwire ones from now. because with series/parallel switch, you have even more choices in on pickup)

4. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

To the best of my knowledge Bill Lawrence designed those, and others for Gibson , in the late 70s. After that decade i can't be 100% +ve as the Bill Lawrence Co. is not al his designs.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.