1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

6G3 circuit - what can you tell me about tone knobs/dirt pedal recs to save my ears ?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Mike Eskimo, Jun 6, 2018.

1. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's

Pretty sure that its biased at around 66% and the PT was a '90s New Sensor that was tagged for DR and 6G3. Maybe 430ish volts?

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

As the tone pot is turned, it is an effect on Gain...frequency specific, as I understand it. Most Tone controls are passive...they cut the gain when turned down. Active tone controls can either boost or cut the signal.

3. High Head Brad

High Head Brad Tele-Meister

Both channels are pretty similar on my 6G3 clone and I’ve never heard of either channel being significantly hotter. Mine has a Jensen P12N speaker and gets loud pretty quick as well. I’m also thinking of getting an attenuators so keep the suggestions coming for those.

I’ve had good success with various overdrive pedals but my current favorites are the BJFE Baby Blue and Honey Bee. Kingsley Page also works well with the 6G3 (and probably every amp) if you can wait 12 months or afford the inflated used market.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.