6G2 chassis: The never-ending search?

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by King Fan, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

King Fan likes this.
  2. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Thanks, @Bill Moore , I saw that too. The power cutout where the fuse should be means it's the Mojo. Admittedly the $175 price includes faceplates, but if you wanted a Mojo-style chassis you could get the zachmdhunter for $50.

Bill Moore likes this.
  3. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

If you could find this one for sale anywhere - I can't - it would get you closer with the Deluxe size and 305v secondaries option.

This is a pretty interesting PT though. Sized for a Fender Deluxe w/230mA rating, 355v/305v options, bias tap - looks like it would be perfect for 6L6 Deluxe projects. But, I can't find it available online anywhere.

https://www.hammfg.com/files/parts/pdf/290DAX.pdf

King Fan likes this.
  4. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I believe the FDP-20M is 294 v. I will double check

Full disclosure: I have accumulated a **** ton of Mercury transformers over a 10 year period by waiting patiently and striking when the prices fell to bargain levels. I'm about ready to weaponize them.

5. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Late addition: I've read Doug Hoffman's amp pages pretty thoroughly, and I recall he describes this method for fitting a PT in an oversized hole, using fender (not Fender!) washers. But I see now he has a picture of it on EL34. So if you end up wanting to use the Mojo chassis or the zachmdhunter repro, this might help you fit a 'correct' PT.

upload_2019-7-21_7-14-24.png

Junior Little likes this.
  6. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Tele-Afflicted

I've never used a brass plate, just a buss wire on the pots, Hoffman style. I haven't had any problems with a Switchcraft 12A, a zinc plated 3/8" internal tooth washer, a 16 gauge chassis, and a roughly 16 gauge faceplate. I always leave out the little flat washer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.