1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

$69 Lap Steel deal.......

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by studio1087, Feb 19, 2014.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I don't know how many of you get GC's weekly blowout deal email but they are selling the Rogue lap steels with carry bag for $69.

Details here - link

I have the black one. They have been discussed here. Nice starter Lap steel with legs and carry case. Normally a little over $100.

Lots of fun. FYI.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bendercaster

bendercaster Tele-Afflicted

I picked one of these up for $80 just after Christmas from Musicians' Friend. It has been a great, inexpensive steel for me to learn on, and at $69 how can you go wrong?

3. JohnSS

JohnSS Tele-Meister

I bought one under the Artisan name but it is the same OEM in metallic black. A bit shorter scale than a traditional lap steel, but the convenience and sound are certainly acceptable. I've played mine at a number of church gigs (doubling on either 12 string or bass) to good effect. Pickup is a copy of a Tele, so it's easy to dial in complementary amp sounds, and I like having the individual saddles as opposed to a single steel plate bridge.

4. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

That's a pretty good deal, and definitely tempting. I think the Rondo is probably a better deal at the $100 mark, but you can't go far wrong at $70.

5. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

DO IT

i just bought a used Artisan version for 100 bucks. i went to the local GC, but they said they don't carry it. they say you get what you pay for when buying a lap steel (or any instrument for that matter). with the rogue you're gonna DEFINITELY get what you pay for, and probably be proud that you only paid 70 bucks for it. my wife and i paid $70 for dinner tonight; getting a usable new instrument for that is mind blowing to me...

6. scantron81

scantron81 Tele-Afflicted

It looks like they've upgraded the Artisan/Rogue entry level model. I remember when they first came out they had the following issues:

-Crumbling plastic tuners that didn't keep tune
    -Plastic fretmarker board that would lift off the body due to poor glue
    -input jack was located on the opposite side of the body thus blocking the hand from a comfortable position

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.