69 Jazz Base

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Bellybuster, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Bellybuster

Bellybuster Tele-Meister

buddy of mine just sent me pics of his 69 Jazz Bass. I've been doing a bit of esearch and it has been refinished but wow, amazing shape.
    Any idea on value??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mndean

mndean Tele-Meister

I can't begin to say, too much is left unknown. Being a refin knocks its value down, and if a bad refin, by a lot. It also appears the headstock decal is gone, and the pickguard a possible replacement. Are the pickups and pots original? Also, anyone placing a value on this would definitely want to see the neck stamp and the truss rod nut.

What color was this originally?

3. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

The refin alone drops the price by 50% no headstock decal even more and any orher changes even more.

Saw an all original 68 sell for $2200 Id say this one is worth around $800-900

4. Swingbass

Swingbass TDPRI Member

My '69 Jazz Bass was also already refinished when I bought it in the early 70's. It was a pretty popular thing to do then.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.