1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

69-71' Yamaha Acoustic Red Label Owners Club _ Please Sign In ;-)

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Don Mare, Mar 2, 2009.

1. CTGull

CTGull TDPRI Member

jaydin_wulfe likes this.
  2. CTGull

CTGull TDPRI Member

3. cooltouch

cooltouch TDPRI Member

Just noticed this group. I have a red label Nippon Gakki FG-75. I dunno what year it is. Condition is decent, considering its age. Also, considering this was likely an entry model when new, it sounds decent also. I bought it because it was a red label. Reckon I'll hang onto it for a while.

CTGull and sunbrst62 like this.
  4. CTGull

CTGull TDPRI Member

Could you share the serial number for my list? See my forum for more info. http://yamahavintagefg.boards.net/thread/49/yamaha-serial-numbers-interior-markings

5. cooltouch

cooltouch TDPRI Member

Done

CTGull likes this.
  6. Thunderclump

Thunderclump NEW MEMBER!

Hey. This is my FG180 red label from Taiwan. Seems to be produced 12th of August 1971. Almost in mint condition. 20200229_182119.jpg 20200229_171316.jpg 20200229_171333.jpg 20190301_114501.jpg

7. Stager

Stager TDPRI Member

'Miss Misery' was sung by Elliot Smith playing his Taiwan FG-180, nominated best song from 'Good Will Hunting', on the 1998 Academy Awards.
    'Miss Misery' was sunk by 'My Heart Will Go On' from 'Titanic'.

Elliott-Smith-Oscars.jpg

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  8. walter bernards

walter bernards TDPRI Member

WILL ANYONE SELL ME THEIR FG-300 PLEASE

9. walter bernards

Do you have an fg-300 for sale?

10. walter bernards

Do you have an fg-300 for sale?

11. M2roadwarrior

M2roadwarrior Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Just got my fg75 back from the shop, plays great, thought it was unrepairable but I was wrong. I believe it’s a 71, made in Taiwan
    Serial # T0071567

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    bavers likes this.
  12. DeanIversen

DeanIversen TDPRI Member

I understand this is a very old thread, however I have a project I would like to propose tot he groups and maybe get some ideas?

first off I have a few FG's, welp, 3 right now working on my 4th and 5th..

FG580 NG, great condition, aged 7/10
    FG340 triple back NG, 8/10
    FG200 NG, 7/10, needs a bridge doctor and heat but a fantastic slide guitar at the moment.. :)

by all rights these are more than fantastic guitars in their own rights, and anyone that played or owns one knows this to be true, IMHO there are 3 guitars worth historical note that will forever be known as the legends of their time..

59' era Fender Stratocaster
    58' era Gibson Stratocaster
    Nippon Gakki FG Yamaha acoustics

I say this because the FG NG's have that magic, they were built by masters, superior material and glues were used, and they look, play and sound like a true legend, not that there aren't some fantastic non Nippon FG's out there cuz there are some absolute fantastic Chinese FG's out there, IMHO all that changes was the location, the craftsmanship was superior, the material so on so forth..

one has to remember the Japanese and Chinese are SUPERIOR wood workers, no two ways about it, especially in that era when the pride was still loud and proud, luthiers took exception to an instrument they crafted with their bare hands that simply sings like no other.. specially the Japanese, they still take a lot of pride in wood working and many practice the ancient ways with the same tools and so forth, and the government has seen fit to preserve many old wood workings..

having said that its no wonder why these guitars are an exception, perhaps back then folks called them over priced copies so forth but today we know its a lot more than that..

anyone who doesn't know that acoustic made form that period were made with woods not obtainable to day, many were sawn out of virgin timber, many first growth, and many were sawn from virgin groves never touched until the 60's and 70's, those days are gone forever, over, there isn't a branch of hardwood on this planet that hasn't been looked at, spied upon you name,. all ancient groves protected will forever be protected save some cedar groves.. all your rosewoods, maples, spruce so on so forth are all gone in regards to first growth or virgin.. we will get scraps and modern growth form here on out or pay dearly for hoarded and permitted old growths.. in other words we'll never get a guitar made from any of it.. not at this pay scale anyways.

like the Les Pauls and Strats these acoustic are extremely special IMHO, and anyone who plays or owns one is truly blessed, no two ways about it, these guitars are fantastic out of the box, upgrade them? yea, its like that, hale I went with a $17 set of D'Adario EX strings from GC and the 340 jumped up another level in tone, not as soft as i like but they do pack some tone, not the best obviously but better than old used strings.. that feeling you get from a new set of strings.. yup

anywho I want to show appreciation to Japan and Yamaha for offering up these phenomenal acoustics, the Luthiers who built them that we are losing at an alarming rate..

ever seen the drum video where like 500 drummers set up at a stadium and all played the same song at the same time?

like that, lets do this.. not sure how and where and what, or even the songs save Sister Golden Hair should be one of them, chinese and Japanese, long as its on the list built in said Era right? hale i dunno, I just wanna do it, see it, HEAR IT..

I'd say we could try an online thing but 500 guitars or so not sure that would be possible, we could do entralized regions, NW, SW, NE, SE, then try to hold it dead center of each region?

dunno, guess the first thing would be to see if there is any interest at all, obviously have to wait for this covid garb to get sorted but hey, lets ponder it..

we can blow the drum thing out of the water!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.