68 custom princeton reverb

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by DeweyPeek, Apr 7, 2015.

1. DeweyPeek

DeweyPeek Tele-Holic

I want one... I have a 65ri twin, but love the 68 custom sound. Think if I get the vibrolux I shouldn't need to haul the heavy twin. I can't play one cause no where has them in stock. Anyone have one? Better than the deluxe or princeton? Same amp?

2. DeweyPeek

DeweyPeek Tele-Holic

Whoops! Should've titled it "68 custom vibrolux reverb"!!

3. Gringo13

Gringo13 Tele-Holic

I have the '68 Custom Vibrolux and love it. I really dig the separate channel tones and the volume is perfect for versatility with my band. This thing really blows my old DRRI away in a few ways. No comparison really. Fender did this right, imo.

Some people have heard a hiss with theirs. When I first got mine I was worried about the hiss, but it's really only there when it's cranked and at that point, most amps have noise.

I bought mine sound unheard and I'm digging it more and more. And honestly, I actually tried to NOT like the amp the first two weeks I had it.

4. El Chivo

El Chivo Tele-Meister

I've got a 68 DRRI which I A/B'd against its 65 counterpart quite extensively. I love the versatility of having the two distinct channels, both having the reverb and trem. If you've played thru and dug the sound of any of the 68 RIs, you should like the Vibrolux.

5. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

I've played one at Sweetwater and would buy it in an instant if the bank account was bigger.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.