1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

'66 Vibrolux Reverb

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by AlbertaGriff, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

So, this was an informal bid situation? I am thinking that it is. Otherwise, the rules of the auction site would or should put the amp in your hands IF you met the posted price and agreement had been made. Even if this is an informal sale situation, if you and the seller had agreed on the deal and he has backed out then that is one amp I would not pursue further. I would note the seller and never give them the time of day again. Bad ethics. Once an agreement is made, the deal is set in my part of the world.
    If the seller is pulling a fast one on you thinking you will come back with a higher offer, he may get to hold the amp for a while. In such a case don’t be surprised if he contacts you in the not too distant fixture to say that that buyer has backed out. If he does, the; your agreement with him is null and void, imho....and you are free to offer him say $1726.50USD. He might take it. Or he may have sold the ampmout from under you. Either way, his ethics are questionable, imho.

AlbertaGriff likes this.
  2. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Afflicted

Its a Craigslist type of site we use more here in Canada. I had said I could go as high as the initial number, and he said he would entertain my offer if I were to come see the amp, which I must have misunderstood. I went to see the amp, played it, chatted for an hour, and at no time did he suggest that the number would need to be higher. I left and thought about it, posted here, then told him I would take it. He said okay, still no discussion about the number. He did say someone else came to see it whom he thought was a reseller, and that that person would take it if I didn't. Again no discussion about price until right now.

I don't know if the other buyer actually offered more, if this guy is just trying to run the price up or what. I don't like it at all though, and I would prefer not to deal with this person. I hope he does get to hold on to the amp for a while, and that his filter caps blow up on him. Maybe I'll go for the beat up 72 VR and have a good time making it look beautiful again.

dannyh and gridlock like this.
  3. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

That sucks man, sorry to hear...

FWIW one of the best Vlux’s Ive ever heard was a SF....

seanmarshall9 and AlbertaGriff like this.
  4. electroman

electroman TDPRI Member

Is that speaker screwed in or glued?

5. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Afflicted

Screwed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.