1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

65' Vibrolux Reissue

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by fasteddie42, Jan 26, 2021.

1. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Afflicted

the recent release of the 68' pro reverb has got me thinking.

Would anyone else like to see fender add a straight up 65' vibrolux reissue (truer to the blackface circuit/tube recto) to the usa reissue line?

they already have the PRRI, DRRI,SRRI, and the twin... seems like a blackface 35 watt 2x10 would be a no brainer.

it never would have made much sense with the vibrolux reverb custom and the 68' vibrolux, but those have both been discontinued.

I'm curious, what do you think Fender is missing that if they offered you would buy?

I'd love to see:

-Vibrolux Reverb Reissue, offer a head option for a mini piggy back rig!

-Super Reverb Reissue in a head

-63' Vibroverb Reissue (but with the tube recto).

IMO the vintage market is goofy and mostly inaccessible to the "every man". Some of us would love to be able to play/own a (insert item) without the responsibility of a vintage piece.

Kit builds tend to offer awful resale value and aren't always specced right.

A lot of companies are profiting simply because fender doesn't offer "it".

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Axis29 likes this.
  2. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

An authentic-ish VIbrolux Reverb has been a long discussed topic around these parts (TDPRI).

I think that ever since the Tone Reports article about the VR came out, most guitar geeks hold the VR up on a (well deserved) pedestal. 35-40 watts, a little larger than a Deluxe, great tone? Great bar amp! Always has been. We've always thought it would sell like hot cakes and wondered why Fender has never gone after that.

The new '68 Pro Reverb has some potential... a single 12 with 40 watts? Oh, and a (great) neo speaker to make it pretty light? Yeah, I dunno, but I think it might sell well.

I'd like to see more PCB (in other words, more affordable) tweed reissues. But, that's my greed. I'd think a '57 Bandmaster around 11-1200 bucks might do decently? Maybe? But, of course it would be competition for the existing tweed hand wired amps.... I dunno.

Abu Twangy likes this.
  3. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Afflicted

I think modern reissues would probably cost somewhere around 1500 street, maybe less if you can squeeze a deal or buy used.

Me personally? I'd be willing to pay that for a a well executed reissue (which I believe the 65' reissue line is).

some will balk at that but seriously... the vintage market will continue to climb into absurdity and be a battleground for boomers and hipsters to prove themselves.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Axis29 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.