65 Princeton ri 1x12

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by 73camarors, Jan 28, 2020.

1. 73camarors

73camarors TDPRI Member

Just giving my opinion. I found this little guy at a local shop plugged in and after playing for a few minutes I decided I had to have it. After I got it home and cranked on it a bit I thought it sounded a bit muddy with a thick bottom. So I did some research and found that the stock c-rex was know for that so I bought a wgs g12c and now it sparkles like a fender should and opened up the headroom quite a lot. I actually took it out and play with a full band and it kept up. I was shocked being only 15w. So imo this amp sounds great the reverb and vibrato are good and impressive volume for a 15w amp. I've never played an old Princeton so I can't compare but I do have a 68 custom deluxe ri to compare. The deluxe has a little more clean volume and is a little brighter but needs to be turned up to get full. The Princeton sounds great all the way through but when it gets loud I find myself turning back the bass from around 5 at bedroom volume to 3 or 3 1/2 stage volume. Maybe this will be helpful to someone. Btw I play a 52ri tele and a heritage H-535. County, southern rock, and a little blues.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jannodude, pondcaster and Kitarkus like this.
  2. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Nice
    I haven’t owned a Princeton but I understand the allure.
    I see you have a 12” speaker.
    I think I’d prefer that myself.

Enjoy.

73camarors likes this.
  3. tarheelbob

tarheelbob Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

WGS makes great speakers for the Princeton.

I have their WGS G10C in my Princeton (standard 10" speaker), and it is just excellent for the amp. Love it.

Enjoy your amp. She's a keeper.

73camarors likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.