65 DRRI Conversion to Turretboard...

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by tweedy_woodpecker, Nov 12, 2019.

  1. tweedy_woodpecker

    tweedy_woodpecker TDPRI Member

    Age:
    48
    Posts:
    27
    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2019
    Location:
    Austria
    Just got finished converting a friends Deluxe Reverb Reissue...I'll check the wiring once more before firing it up tomorrow.

    Before (Note the two ugly PCB boards replacing the original Trem circuit).
    Vorher.jpg
    And after:
    Nachher.jpg
     

    Attached Files:

    JeffBlue, FenderLover, schmee and 3 others like this.
  2. EsquireBoy

    EsquireBoy Tele-Holic

    Age:
    39
    Posts:
    554
    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2019
    Location:
    Paris, France
    Nice!
    I would not call the original PCB ugly though: it seems neat and quite well made.
    Your wiring is more vintage correct and easier to deal with for sure.
     
  3. Uncle Daddy

    Uncle Daddy Tele-Holic

    Posts:
    988
    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2015
    Location:
    Maldon, England
    Did you make the turret board? I can only find eyelet boards online.
     
  4. twangjeff

    twangjeff Tele-Afflicted

    Posts:
    1,250
    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2010
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    With that green circuit board, I thought the first picture may have been the new Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb... ;)
     
  5. King Fan

    King Fan Friend of Leo's

    Posts:
    4,219
    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2013
    Location:
    Salt Lake City
    That was a lot of work. Impressive!
     
  6. tweedy_woodpecker

    tweedy_woodpecker TDPRI Member

    Age:
    48
    Posts:
    27
    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2019
    Location:
    Austria
    Thanks guys!

    Happy to report the operation worked and the patient is well.
    Yeah, the PCB ist not ugly, but I am glad that the hum and noise issues in the reverb and tremolo section are gone now and the tremolo finally sounds like it should
     
  7. schmee

    schmee Poster Extraordinaire

    Posts:
    7,783
    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2003
    Location:
    northwest
    I did one years ago. It worked out fine. I reused the pots in the amp. Just had to solder to the little PCB tabs on the pots. But that worked great and those pots are smooth and nice. Did you install new pots or reuse? I happened to have an old Fender AB763 eyelet board around and used that.
     
  8. tweedy_woodpecker

    tweedy_woodpecker TDPRI Member

    Age:
    48
    Posts:
    27
    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2019
    Location:
    Austria
    I installed some new pots, I did not want to bother unsoldering the old ones, also thought it looks more authentic this way
    It was a ton of work, yes I did my own turretboard and figuring out the connections from the transformer and doghouse (different colour coding) took a while.
     
  9. Frankie

    Frankie Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

    Age:
    61
    Posts:
    870
    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2003
    Location:
    Fostoria, Ohio
    Very cool.. Awesome job!
     
    tweedy_woodpecker likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.


  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.