1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

65 Bandmaster Head.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Red Planet, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

Anyone have any thoughts on a 65 Bandmaster Head I played one the other day in real good condition. Sounded good. Origional Trannys not sure about caps but that dont matter to me.

I was looking at picking this up for $450.00 is that a fair price for one.

Anythoughts on these Amps and the Tones there in feel free to chime in.

2. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Doctor of Teleocity

Well, for a 40 watt head that "Sounded Good" $450 sounds fair enough. If you liked it go for it. I would recommend having it re-capped -IF- it hasn't already been recapped in some recent years. Maybe new tubes if you've got the scratch.

3. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

Yeah definately recap if it hasnt been. I have some Tubes laying around so that shouldnt be a Problem. My Bias Rite is loaned out though so I'd have to wait til it comes back.

4. Marky D.

Marky D. Tele-Holic

That price isn't bad. I traded one to a buddy about a year ago for about $400 worth of stuff. He built a 2x12 combo cab for it and it sounds good - really cuts though the noise at our jams. Adequate headroom for most gigs, nice sparkly BF sound.. Probably need a OD pedal for any significant amound of distortion, however.

5. BellyBoy

BellyBoy Tele-Holic

I played thru one for years and loved it (Wish I still had it) It had a half power mod, the switch was under the chassis in the back... the low power setting was incredible and screamed, while the full power gave a great bit of headroom and cleaned up nice. I say buy it... that is a good price!!!

6. dbarnes

dbarnes TDPRI Member

Price sounds pretty good - I recently saw a Bandmaster with matching cabinet in a music store, asking price was $1200.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.