64 Pure Vintage is an awesome telecaster.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by KeithRichard, Sep 28, 2014.

1. KeithRichard

KeithRichard Tele-Holic

I must say, this guitar is perfect for me and I have high standards in everything I do. I also own the 52 and 58 pure vintage Tele's but the 64 is king. It looks fabulous, plays like butter, and sounds like a 64 telecaster should. Fender did a fantastic job with these pure vintage models. It fits me like a glove, and does it ever do classic rock, blues, and country well. What an awesome Telecaster.

2. Chairman Meow

Chairman Meow Tele-Meister

It seems you forgot to add a few pictures...

3. KeithRichard

KeithRichard Tele-Holic

Here they are: 52,58,64 avri ' s and crimson red am tele.

Attached Files:

4. Chairman Meow

Chairman Meow Tele-Meister

Looks nice indeed. I'm in the UK, they're hard to come by in the shops so haven't had the chance to try one out. Congrats, nice brace of Teles!

5. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

I would struggle deciding which to play!

6. les_Niobides

les_Niobides TDPRI Member

Got mine a couple days ago and couldn't be more happy with it.
    One special guitar!

7. KeithRichard

KeithRichard Tele-Holic

The 52 is in open g tuning for my stone's tunes, the 58 is in page's weird tuning for the odd zep tunings used in tunes like the rain song, and the 64 being my favorite of the bunch is left in standard tuning.

8. BritTwang

BritTwang Tele-Holic

They are such special guitars. During the long search and eventual long wait for my 64 I got to try a good number of them in various colours from many different outlets (at a guess I would say over a dozen). Now whilst there were variances in set up, I can safely say that ALL of them felt, played and sounded amazing.

Someone could be forgiven for seeing all the threads about these guitars on TDPRI and think that it's just a hype train picking up speed. But, in actual fact the 64 deserves every superlative that is mentioned. The reviews we see from owners are more than just guitarists gushing about their new purchases whilst still in the honeymoon period.

I've noticed that in almost all new PV 64 NGD threads there are people who have owned one of these for some time who are still thoroughly enjoying them.

I don't believe in mojo, or anything supernatural, but there is something about these models that just grabs you.

9. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

White teles with rosewood boards just look amazing the contrast is just perfection

DHart likes this.
  10. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Well said, agree 100%.

11. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I agree completely. It's been said many times but it could well be Fender's finest production guitar. It's not the best Tele that I own but I would be more than happy if it was my only Tele. You can't really ask for more in terms style, panache, playability, feel, or tone in a Tele. It's simply a great guitar with a wonderful neck profile. No matter how you define the "It", the '64's "got It".

12. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

I want one of these so bad it hurts. I played a sunburst one with a beefy neck that was pure tele heaven.

13. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

I got one when they first came out. The only part I don't get is what has taken you guys so long to catch on??? Great guitars.

14. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

$

The price of the guitar and about 3 large in medical debt.

But I would trade every guitar I own and then some for that one Tele.

:D

15. KeithRichard

KeithRichard Tele-Holic

Yeh, I knew about them when they first came out and I also knew back then that I wanted the 52, 58, & 64. I had to sell my 69 avri and a les paul to buy all 3 of them but I'm glad I did. That 64 is the cream of the crop. I can't say enough good things about this axe nor can I find any faults. If I could have only 1 guitar, this would be the one.

16. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Go for it! I sold some gear (MIM '72 Custom Tele, MIM Classic 60s CAR Tele, the loaded body from my Joe Strummer Tele, MII Lite Ash Tele and my Blonde Blues Junior) to get one & haven't regretted it for a second. Not even for a nano second.

+1 (again)

17. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

Sadly, in Korea so selling what I have and buying a 64 RI would be darn near impossible.

But I did play a couple when I was in NYC this summer. Wow!

Then there is the small matter of my stuff not being worth anything. haha.

A 2007 Squire standard with all manner of dents and 6 years of fret wear, a broken Samik Strat, & a Dano with a bad switch and jack probably wouldn't net much.

If it did I should finish off paying what I can before that.

But if I was home, I would move heaven and earth to get one of these before they disappear.

I absolutely loved it. I was using it to test a pedal. The guy just asked me what I wanted to use and I said anything that says Telecaster on it I don't care and that was what he handed me. Into a Carr Rambler. LORDY!!!!! WOW! YEAH!!!

18. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

I've got a 2012 and 2013 blonde/white models. I had a third sunburst but let it go.

The new '52 RIs are awesome too. I've got a beautiful paisley that a luthier built for me too, but I always go back to the '64 RI.

19. euro

euro Tele-Holic

Your last paragraph says it all in that these guitars were obviously carefully designed for sound, feel, et. al. by Fender when they had in mind to build this particular version. That is so good to know, as when you have to order one, the chances are it will be a really good one, as others here have shown, who have had to order it and wait. Good show all around, BritTwang!

This is the 50th year of the British Invasion, of which many a tele took part.
    I am getting "Union Jack-ized" as much as possible in my upcoming gear purchases to celebrate this event even into the future.

20. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

My 2 '64 RIs on the outside!
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.