64 deluxe handwired test drive

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by golfnut, Jul 27, 2019.

1. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

I got to test out the 64 custom deluxe reverb today. I already pulled the trigger on a Tone King Sky King that I'm waiting for delivery but I thought I'd still give this a listen anyway.
    I was very impressed. Nice big bottom end. The mids are a little stronger than the 65 DRRI. Everything is much stronger.
    There was a 65 DRRI right there to do a side by side comparison. As you'd expect the 64 CDR dominates in every way.
    I'm glad I opted for a bit more power with the Tone King. I think there may be a couple of situations when I'd not be able to get the clean headroom I need with the CDR. It was a sweet lush tone but not as sweet and lush as the vintage 65 I played earlier this year. That one still haunts me and I wish I had bought it. The 64 CDR came fresh right out of the box so I imagine when the speaker breaks in it would match the 65 I played.
    I just hope that the tone kings rythm channel do blackface as well as the 64 CDR.

2. Webfoot

Webfoot Tele-Holic

I have only played the 64 CDR once and just for a couple of minutes. Liked it alot and thought it had potential but was not a must have. I think maybe with a different speaker I would have like it even more.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.