1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

62' reissue pups

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by frank1985, Nov 3, 2020.

1. frank1985

frank1985 TDPRI Member

I'm looking to source a Tele bridge pickup for my Esquire build, specifically a clone of the 62' model as used by Syd Barret. Obviously the logical choice would be the '62 reissue pups...but how much do these really stand alone, tone wise? Are they really that different to those used the previous decade, or those of the mid to late 60s? For authenticity, i'm tempted to go straight for the 62s, but i'm disinclined to pay for international shipping if other options will suffice. I'm open to your suggestions, in the hope that i can perhaps pick these up more locally.

2. adjason

adjason Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

really like the 62 reissue pickups in a tele. They are not overly bright and are never hard on the ears. They do the best version of a tune like Set me up of any I have tried. In the UK you might want to reach out to creamery pickups and tell him what you want- I have dealt with creamery and they are great pickups and a great guy in charge

crazydave911 likes this.
  3. frank1985

frank1985 TDPRI Member

Thanks for the recommendation, but i see his turnaround time has been delayed to around 40-50 days due to covid, and I want to get stuck in to my build asap! :)

4. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

I don't see a '62 set currently made by Fender, only the PV64, which I would imagine is nearly identical, and gets a lot of love online.

crazydave911 likes this.
  5. Dietcokedream

Dietcokedream TDPRI Member

I bought a 62 bridge p'up with the bridge brand new on the auction site not to be named just last week for $52 plus tax. Its pretty hard to beat that kind of deal.

crazydave911 and FenderLover like this.
  6. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

crazydave911 likes this.
  7. asax

asax TDPRI Member

I love mine. Sounds like a tele but not too harsh treble wise. The 62 custom neck however, sounds amazing very full and sweet with no muddyness

Gevalt and crazydave911 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.