61 Fender Showman

Hi, I have a 1961 Fender Showman that has "Export-230-117" written on the tube chart. The amp head also has a "Barth MusicHaus" metal badge on it. There is not a switch for different voltages. I assume this was exported to Germany from Fender sometime in 1962. (mfr. 12-61) It had the grey 2-prong plug and works just fine on 117V. (The 2-prong is changed to 3-prong and death cap circuitry bypassed now) The transformer numbers are period correct and the power supply circuitry matches the schematic for US 117V, so does this mean there is a switch mode power supply in a 1961 amp? Anybody have any info on Fender to Barth MusicHaus? (I found info but most is in german which I don't speak). I've had this ampp since 1986 and it has always had an aura about it like someone famous played through it (insert laughter here). If the house were to catch fire it would be the first thing I grabbed...the wife and dog have legs-they would be fine. Thanks

zook

Friend of Leo's
I'd suggest putting it in the Amp Central Station forum instead of here. It will get more exposure there.