60th Anniversary - Diamond Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by theLGB, Jul 23, 2014.

1. theLGB

theLGB TDPRI Member

All,

I am new here but have been lurking/reading for a while., great website and forum and extremely useful. Just a heads up on a few of the things I have gathered so you know I did use the search function, etc.

- This is the 2006 Fender MIA 60th Diamond (or CZ) Anniversary Model (not the 2011 telecaster 60th, limited edition with decal)
    - From what I gather this is a American Standard with the upgraded pickups similar to the 52 RI pickups.
    - The guitar is in mint condition, only played a handful of times.
    - I do not have the original silver case it came in.

My question really lies in where the value of the guitar is. I have read where most say this guitar will not appreciate greatly as a "limited edition" because it really isn't. And I know the value of a guitar is in what you want, etc..

However, if I were looking to trade and or sell this outright where should it fall? I'm imagining somewhere around what an American Standard is , correct?

I want to list it for sale or trade but don't want to be over/under the guitars actual, not perceived, value.

Thanks in advance guys, really enjoy the input from this board.

Attached Files:

Crobbins likes this.
  2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

The very first thing is the case if wrong for the guitar. It should have a silver colored case that is about the size of the tweed cases that come with an AVRI '52. I owned one for about a year or more. The guitar itself was great, wish I still had it. I really didn't realize how good it was until it was gone. They have or are supposed to have the same pickups that an AVRI '52 has. They are Fender Original Vintage in the bridge and neck. If you can get a good price on it, the case wouldn't matter, but the case was pretty fancy although easily marred, but really nice inside. So, I would expect some discount for the case. I can't stress how good the guitar actually sounded and played. The rosewood fretboard on mine required the fret ends be smoothed up, but that's pretty common, and an easy job for the most part.

Crobbins likes this.
  3. apurrott

apurrott TDPRI Member

I have a Diamond Anniversary tele. There are a lot of "60th anniversary fenders" but the actual Diamond Anniversary Telecaster is a limited edition numbered guitar (...out of 1000) with an embossed logo (not a decal) on the front commemorating the anniversary. I believe they are only natural in color and come with a maple neck only. I bought mine used for about $1100. They may appreciate in value but that depends on the market for that sort of thing in the future. It is in my profile picture. I love it. It is basically a '52 reissue with the limited edition tags.

Crobbins likes this.
  4. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Your info is correct. Every Fender in 2006 received the anniversary button on the back of the headstock and only the ones with the inlay on the body (below the bridge) were limited editions.

Still, it's a nice guitar - basically an American Series - and should sell in the $600 range.

TDPRI xFallenx posted this, from Fender...

Model Name: Fender 60th Anniversary Commemorative Telecaster

Model Number: 011-6100-700

Series: American Series

Body: Alder Neck: Maple, Modern 'C' Shape, (Satin Polyurethane Finish)

Fingerboard: Rosewood with White Pearloid Position Markers , 9.5 in. Radius (241 mm)

No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo

Scale Length: 25.5 in. (648 mm)

Width Nut: 1.6875 in. (43 mm)

Hardware: Chrome

Machine Heads: Fender/Schaller Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines

Bridge: American Tele with 6 Stainless Steel Saddles

Pickguard: Parchment Pickguard

Pickups: 2 American Vintage Tele Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge)

Pickup Switching:
    3-Position Blade:
    Position 1. Bridge Pickup
    Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
    Position 3. Neck Pickup

Controls: Master Volume, Master Delta Tone (Delta Tone system includes high output bridge pickup and special No-Load tone control)

Colors: (700) 3-Color Sunburst (Polyurethane Finish)

Strings: Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to .042), p/n 073-0250-003

Unique Features: Engraved 60th Anniversary P/B/P Pickguard. Engraved 60th Anniversary Neckplate .Commemorative 60th Anniversary Case. Jewel Headstock Emblem. 'Parchment' Knobs and Pickup Covers. Rolled Fingerboard Edges, Sharper '52 Style Body Radius

Source: U.S.

Wrench Sizes: Truss Rod Wrench pn# 0023811000 (1/8 in. Hex) Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench pn# 0018531000 (.050 in. Hex)

Crobbins likes this.
  5. bigjed

bigjed Tele-Holic

I have that 60th button on the back of the headstock on my 2006 James Burton standard

Crobbins likes this.
  6. theLGB

theLGB TDPRI Member

Thanks, as acknowledged I don't have the case. I bought it from GC but the case wasn't with it, so it came with a standard skb hardshell. I do like how it plays but honestly my 72 thinline with Seymour's are a lot brighter to me.

Crobbins likes this.
  7. theLGB

theLGB TDPRI Member

Thanks apurrott , I believe we are talking about two different anniversaries aren't we? The one in your avatar is the 2011 with the logo on the front I think.

Crobbins likes this.
  8. apurrott

apurrott TDPRI Member

Mine is the 2006 Diamond Anniversary of the Telecaster guitar: 1946. Fender has so many "anniversaries" it's hard to keep track of them all. Still, it is a 52 reissue which is totally sweet.

Crobbins likes this.
  9. KevinB

Yes, it is confusing! :eek:

But yours commemorates the 60th anniversary of Fender as a company.

The 60th anniversary of the Tele was celebrated in 2011 with the Telebration series of guitars. (The first Telecaster appeared in 1951.)

Crobbins likes this.
  10. xFallenx

xFallenx Friend of Leo's

I was quoted for valuable information....oh man a first :eek: I mean play it cool! :cool:

Crobbins likes this.
  11. KevinB

Well, not to burst your bubble, but didn't that info really come from Fender? :eek:

Just messing with you - yours was a good post. :cool:

Crobbins likes this.
  12. apurrott

apurrott TDPRI Member

Right. Like I said, too many anniversaries. Nonetheless i do think we're talking about the same guitar. In talking to my local music store guys (not guitar center), they were guardedly optimistic that the value would increase with the limited edition guitar. I wonder if the fact that the guitar celebrates the company's founding, and not a specific guitar, makes it more collectable. I play it all the time, with the band in bars, at home. The '52 tele and the deluxe reverb were made for each other.

Crobbins likes this.
  13. xFallenx

xFallenx Friend of Leo's

I hope you're happy you almost gave a 25 year old guy a stroke! LOL :lol:

Crobbins likes this.
  14. KevinB

And I thought you Pineys were tougher than that? :eek:

Crobbins likes this.
  15. otstratman

otstratman TDPRI Member

Yes, I have owned at least (2) 2011 Fender American Special Telecasters Olympic White Black Pickguard. The "60th Anniversary" Neck Plate is the only real difference from what I have found. I just got a really great deal on a 2011 Fender "60th Anniversary" American Standard Telecaster and to be honest the neck plate is the only difference between the 2011 and later years. It kind of gives the owner a "special" feeling that their Tele is somehow a limited edition or better than the standard versions when it's exactly the same as the Teles of similar build ie - Stratocaster Bridge Saddles, Twisted Tele bridge Pickup, Broadcaster Neck Pickup, and Staggered Tuning Machines.

Crobbins likes this.
  16. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I once owned the whole set, including the lunch box.

IMG_2546.JPG IMG_2548.JPG IMG_2551.JPG IMG_2553.JPG IMG_2555.JPG

nocastermike likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.