1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

60's Classic Player Stratocaster....

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by brittwin, Dec 14, 2007.

1. brittwin

brittwin Tele-Meister

Just wanted to share my glee at finding (and pouncing on) a New Fender 60's Classic Player Strat with the CS 69' strat p'ups in Sonic Blue for the Unbelievably low price of $460.00 off of Ebay (which I was leary of). I had been eyeing these for a while, but wasn't ready to shell out the $799.00 all the retailers were asking. I just received it today...and she is a beaut! PICS TO FOLLOW!

2. 6bender

6bender Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Congrats. Wow, that's a good deal! Mine's a sunburst. A wonderful guitar. I payed a couple hundred more than you did but I still think it's worth it. I was a little bummed that Guitar Center heavily discounted them right after my 30-day return policy expired!! :mad:

Although I've been playing my 335 more lately, I picked up the CP '60 tonight and was reminded of why I bought it.:) :)

Enjoy!

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I think there may be some great deals in the near future on 50's and 60's Classic Player Strats and also on MIM Classic Baja Telecasters. I suspect all 3 are being discontinued; past buyers of all three of these good models are maybe ready for the next big thing, to a degree most folks who wanted a CP real bad have one, and finally GC has no qualms about simply blowing this type of product straight out the store at a price that seems too low to make sense.

So be ready, and don't going buying something else out of idleness if you's a wanting one of any of these 3. I have some 2 post Am Se Strats now, and they aren't really evil after all with good saddles. And contrary to the 'word' of 2 months ago I think you can find a steel block from Callaham for these (I apologize for my part in that).

Bubbanov

4. hotgoalie11565

hotgoalie11565 Tele-Meister

Saweeeeeeet!! :D

Congrats on a great find like that.

5. 6bender

6bender Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

The one for the narrower MIM spacing. I installed one in mine. I like the shorter Callaham bar also. I always thought 2-post trems were great. I bought my CP for the sole purpose of using the trem. I have mine setup to float and I use it alot. This guitar stays in tune so well you'd swear it was a locking unit. :) :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.