60 Minutes UFO Episode. The Conversation Goes 'Mainstream'

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Cosmic Cowboy, May 17, 2021.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

In these discussions we have over and over, your observation of some being "eager believers" comes up often, but usually stated by those who vehemently insist no alien craft could possibly visit earth without landing at a mall etc etc.

My observation has been that a very very few members here seem to "eagerly believe" the observed phenomena are aliens.
    I see a fair number who seem to be considering that the UAP might be alien.

"Considering the possibility" is not the same as "eagerly believing"!

tanplastic likes this.
  2. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

SRHmusic likes this.
  3. Cosmic Cowboy

Cosmic Cowboy Tele-Holic

I suppose its possible you know something the Director of National Intelligence doesn't, but that would be unlikely.

The Senate hearings are next month. The videos are confirmed at the highest levels of the greatest military the planet has ever known.

So unless you practice cognitive dissonance, you are blind to reality.

cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance
    /ˈkäɡnədiv ˈdisənəns/
    Learn to pronounce

noun
    PSYCHOLOGY
    1. the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change

KyAnne and Bongoslade like this.
  4. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Friend of Leo's

Agreed. @telemnemonics
    There is a "fair number"

And there are also rare few....
    I was speaking in generalities and choosing not to point fingers too specifically.

Call me pragmatic in the subject.

Ooh. ^^ there you go! @aging_rocker

Thats what I am getting at...

aging_rocker likes this.
  5. tanplastic

tanplastic Tele-Afflicted

Aren't "eager believers" identified by their dismissal of alternative explanations?
    We know how faulty human perception is, how creative our memory is, how deeply pareidolia is ingrained in our senses.
    I remain open minded and hopeful.

telemnemonics and MarkieMark like this.
  6. tanplastic

tanplastic Tele-Afflicted

Do you ever wonder why this is just an American thing?

aging_rocker and SRHmusic like this.
  7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Altogether possible, or possibly... You know aliens.

aging_rocker likes this.
  8. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Friend of Leo's

I only disagree with the generalization that "we know" because its been my experience that many seem to simply not accept the frailty of human perception and memory etc.

9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I've heard it said, them Hawaiian boys refer to it as long pig.

10. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Friend of Leo's

Yep. Old Varius Flavus (Head of Alien research for the Legio XXV Aquarium) at the back there, he had it sussed. In 34AD.

So, Aliens...

upload_2021-5-18_15-39-28.png

11. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

You might do well to think about that class you took in high school titled: "Statistics."

For 10+ years every flight around the world has either had a flight cam (plus radar) or crew/passengers with high definition cameras in their pocket. You could say to the latter the same of ships in the ocean or hikers in the mountains.

So, statistically, we know non-military to military air coverage measures about 20:1

That means, conservatively, for every military "capture" of legitimate interplanetary UFO technology we should see multitudes more in equal/better quality from everyone from private citizens to Southwest Airlines (tm).

Well, turns out, most of the past decade of that massive ratio of footage is not good at all or turned out to be bunk. But, well, our dear Pentagon does have many examples of quality captures. So, therefore, it must be real, right?

If you understand statistics it's incredibly improbable that the pentagon has many great interplanetary UFO captures while non-military has **** to show in terms of sightings.

Now, the excuse I've heard is that Aliens have a hard-on either for Tom Cruise in Top Gun or for "Nuclear Technology." Still, where are all those private captures from 3 mile to Chernobyl or from The Blue Angels to stunt pilots.

Hey, I don't need to tell you we've had Alien footage for decades, from Sigourney Weaver to Will Smith we have high quality capture of Alien's on film.

I'm glad you think The Pentagon is a reliable source. Faith works in mysterious ways.

That's not to say UFO's or Aliens don't exist. Just, you know, keep yourself grounded in reality here.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    pixeljammer and aging_rocker like this.
  12. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Afflicted

Aliens are so 20th century.

It's obviously the super intelligent octopi that live beneath the ice caps.

Bongoslade and aging_rocker like this.
  13. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

thanks for this post.

pixeljammer likes this.
  14. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

you can pretend there is nothing going on.... but you are wrong. something has been going on for years that we do not understand. there are WAY too many incidents that are recorded by intelligent people with scientific backgrounds, and observational skills... people that have no reason to make stuff up... especially when there are pictures & movies. and "artifacts", yeah, if you know what that is, don't you think the professionals that examine these things know as well?

are these things from earth? well..... don't know. there are hundreds of sightings of objects that seem to defy physics (with movies as documentation).... observed by fighter pilots and astronauts among others.... who also say that we (in America) don't have things that can do that. you think Russia or China has stuff that is a quantum leap ahead of what we can do?

you can call it fake, but you are wrong

KyAnne likes this.
  15. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Tonight, in rural America, hunters across the country have thousands of trail cameras placed in remote areas in various states. They will tomorrow night too, after all that **** is sold at Bass Pro Shops.

However, still, our best Bigfoot footage comes from Bigfoot hunters or Bigfoot enthusiasts just going for a walk.

If you can't wrap that thread around the spool then more power to you.

pixeljammer and getbent like this.
  16. telemnemonics

Well say your car won't start and helpful friends list things to check, all of which you check and confirm are not the problem.
    Would dismissing suggestions that the battery, starter and fuel pump are the problem, indicate you're saying the car is fine?
    Examining evidence usually includes many fails before finding the right answer.
    Quite a few use the claim that not knowing yet is proof there's nothing to know.

Part of the problem is a boy who cried wolf scenario.
    But there is more than one boy so it makes no sense to insist that no wolves exist.
    Superstitions and paranoia are problems, but they do not mean we have nothing to worry about!

KyAnne and tanplastic like this.
  17. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

yeah well... I'm not buyin' bigfoot

KyAnne likes this.
  18. telemnemonics

If bigfoot is flying around in a tic tac, why would a trail cam capture him?

19. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

pickin and a choosin.

faith makes strange bedfellows!

20. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

nothing "faith" about it. I pick & choose with the evidence. and what I said is I don't know

I've never seen anything bigfoot that didn't have a decent explanation. UFOs.... different story. not to say that there isn't a bunch of BS ufo stories though. there is, for sure, but there are a LOT of unexplained, well documented oddities that are recorded by people with a science background (with motion pictures)... (ever see a bigfoot movie? yeah... only the proven FAKE one).

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    KyAnne likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.