1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

$6 neck!!!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by toadman, Oct 14, 2009.

1. toadman

toadman Tele-Afflicted

last week i took a chance and bought this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-HOT-F...emQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item4149a6ce77

just came in the mail today! all the way from china in 7 DAYS!! there's no info on it in the ad but the price was right! 6 BUCKS!! plus 40 for shipping but still worth it!
    it looks pretty good so far. no finish on it at all and a 14" radius FB. i'll prolly oil it and put it on my latest project. if the FB is too flat i can do something about it. haven't checked yet but the frets will prolly need a leveling. no problem.
    for the price i'll probably get another one in the near future! if the $6 necks are this good maybe next time i'll spring for the $9 one!

2. wazupwiopiii

wazupwiopiii Tele-Meister

those do look like a good deal

3. telepunch

telepunch Tele-Meister

looks like a similar deal to the eden necks. I bought one a while ago for $12, $28 shipping

4. wazupwiopiii

wazupwiopiii Tele-Meister

look like good necks for a partscaster I wanna build ;)

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

7 days?

My spidey sense is the necks were in a container that is already in North America. The vendor makes a few dimes by charging the going individual shipping rate from China; making up for basically giving the neck away below the cost (insofar as the stated purchase price).

What are the dates and documentation on the shipping materials - or do we need to know the Chinese written language to know for sure this was really just shipped from China this month? If the neck is shipped, wrapped in Chinese newspapers from this month then I'm obviously wrong - but water does not run uphill. How do they accomplish this?

I mean, everyone and I do mean everyone has to make some kind of profit. I guess I love a mystery. I can't make any other sense of it.

6. Dizi

Dizi Banned

I bought a couple things on eBay from China recently, electronics knock-offs for dirt cheap, and it really did arrive from China, writing and all, in about a week.

7. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Same to UK .
    Cheap necks from China can be amazing . I love my SX Strat neck .I am trying to find a similar profile rosewood Tele neck .Plays like virgins thighs coated in honey :twisted:

8. kate033

kate033 TDPRI Member

Yep, cheap China import necks can be amazing. I bought one from feng-music off ebay a while back. 99 cents plus $40 in shipping. Came EMS direct from China in 3 or 4 days to the US. I had low expectations, but it as a killer neck for the price. I hate to admit it, but it had a nicer rosewood board and fretwork than most the MIM Fender necks I've played :eek:

9. toadman

toadman Tele-Afflicted

according to the paperwork it came from Beijing! anyhoo, i don't care if it comes from the moon:D if it's a decent neck for 40-some-odd bucks! think i'll let it climatize for a while before i do anything with it though!

10. GreeneFan

GreeneFan Tele-Meister

11. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire

of the cheap, but sonically good paulownia -- and 1 clear acrylic guitar I have bought in 2 yrs-- all of the necks were/are floppy with strong bending- and needed levelling - and crowning.

I go straight to my Am Std T or EJ Strat, or G&L Trib-- necks are stable and sturdy thru bending assaults.

12. Meekster

Meekster TDPRI Member

There's no mention of a truss rod is there? on the fender necks that is,
    I didn't check them all

13. telepunch

telepunch Tele-Meister

well, you can see the opening for truss rod adjustment at the headstock, so I'd hope there's a truss rod

14. dantonel

dantonel Tele-Meister

If you look hard there's a space in the headstock for a truss rod... now weather or not they put it in there....

I would assume so...

Attached Files:

15. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

do they sell a $10 body to go with it ??? :D

16. GreeneFan

GreeneFan Tele-Meister

I have one on the way. I'm expecting it to need work, it'll be good practice.

Bodies start at $55. On my first build, I figure I can build the body from scratch, buy a neck and maybe finish before too long without rushing and screwing it up.

I'm searching around for neck drawings someplace, found the awesome body drawings (incredible) but no neck yet..... :cry:

17. toadman

toadman Tele-Afflicted

dats what i'm thinking! if, in my novice attempts at neck finishing, i screw something up....HOO CARES!!!:lol:

except my wife ...who would kick my arse for wasting $40 shipping! shhhhhh... it's our little secret, right?!

18. thejerk

thejerk Tele-Meister

I wonder if you can buy these that cheap IN Beijing... I may be making a trip over there in a few months, would be nice to stock up!

19. toadman

toadman Tele-Afflicted

how big is your suitcase?? i'll take a couple!:D

20. toadman

toadman Tele-Afflicted

so...i'm thinking about painting the headstock on this neck to match the green swirly body i bought a few months ago. then shelacing and oiling the back of the neck. good idea??

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.