1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

5F9 Tremolux? Is this a thing?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Philbert_S, Nov 11, 2020.

1. King Fan

King Fan Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Good question. It's great down past halfway, good down past ¾. At the very lowest settings it slightly muffles the bright / sparkle / liveliest parts of the signal -- they almost say as much, noting as you turn down you 'warm' and quiet the signal. But it is an overall excellent speaker; most reports I've read agree on that, and on the decent range through which it keeps its good tone.

BobbyZ and archetype like this.
  2. High Head Brad

High Head Brad Tele-Meister

@King Fan for a small moment I started to pretend that amp was ‘mine’, then I got sad that it wasn’t. There’s another 5G9 that’s recently come up for sale downunder. I wish I could find the money to buy it.

I didn’t realise the LE Trembelex was still an option to order. I’ve recently put a deposit down on a HD12 that @slider313 mentioned, but maybe I should see if I can get the Trembelex instead. Hmmmmm

King Fan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.