5F6A Weber Head Build

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by KellyWalrus, Oct 11, 2019 at 1:49 AM.

1. KellyWalrus

KellyWalrus TDPRI Member

I just got my kit in the mail today and populated the board and put a lot of parts on the chassis. I had to get a little creative as some rivets were missing. Here's The Boards for now, chassis pictures when my roommates aren't sleeping, to be continued...

Image 10-11-19 at 1.46 AM.jpg

Paul-T likes this.
  2. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Congrats, it's great you finally got the kit.

Especially since this is a complex amp, may I humbly suggest a test-as-you-build sequence? Populating the board first is what 95% of us do, but I finally found a much smarter, more logical, and ultimately easier safer build sequence courtesy of master builder Steve Luckey (see reply 3 in this thread).

I had been pasting my slightly Rob-ified, Fender-ized version in these posts, but it runs to over a page, so if you have Word, let me just give you a Dropbox link. Let me know if this doesn't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg1a59em8b929p4/Sluckey startup procedure.docx?dl=0

KellyWalrus likes this.
  3. KellyWalrus

KellyWalrus TDPRI Member

Great idea, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've built 3 kit amps, but I know this one is going to be the most challenging so far, with more room for error. But this startup procedure would've saved me quite a bit of time on the 5E3 I finished up a couple of months ago.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.