5F4 Rehab (shout out to jsnwhite619)

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by mjcyates, Dec 5, 2019.

1. mjcyates

mjcyates Tele-Meister

So I was on my weekly visit to the local musicgoround and saw an ugly duckling sitting in the corner. The tolex was falling off, cigarette burns all over the top, the entire amp was covered in smoke stains. Looked like it had lived in a bar for 20 years. I plugged it in and it sounded great. Turns out it was a 5F4 Tweed Super built by Stella Vee Amplification. I picked it up for $300. Stripped the tolex, cleaned the chassis, ripped off and replaced the grill cloth, sold the Jensen speakers, replaced the knobs, replaced a few caps and a wire that had been burned, and last but not least sent the cabinet to Jason White (jsnwhite619). End game is a pretty nice amp!

IMG_0241.JPG IMG_0242.JPG IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0341.JPG IMG_0343.JPG IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0346.JPG IMG_0348.JPG IMG_0349.JPG

2. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

Looking good!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

3. mjcyates

mjcyates Tele-Meister

I replaced the rectifier socket and tube, it was very loose and rattley. This is a very good sounding amp! Very quiet as well.

jsnwhite619 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.