Got my home built 5e3 working again. It needed work I had let it sit for abt a year. Played it at a festival 4th of July weekend. Really didn't like the lack of clarity on the bottom 2 strings; though I got several compliments on how good it sounded I decided to make some changes. Preamp already had 02 coupling caps and 10/25 bypass caps. The big change was going to fixed bias and el34's~383v plates drawing 34 ma. Pretty low voltage for el34's, and bias at abt 50%, but it sounds full and bottom 2 strings are tight. Tried a few different speakers and settled on an emi 1258. Can't wait to see how it behaves at a gig!