5E3 kit question

Scooby9261

Tele-Meister
Hey there guys. I ordered a 5E3 kit earlier this week, but my friend surprised me with a "5E3" kit today. But im scratching my head. This kit uses 6L6 tubes and has no rectifier. And the layout looks very different. Anyone see the similarities of a 5E3 and this ? Or is this actually based on another amp ?

Im scratching my head here

Attachments

• 5E3 VER B connect 20190530.jpg
    5E3 VER B connect 20190530.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 5E3 VER B Schematic 20190530.jpg
    5E3 VER B Schematic 20190530.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 50

bebopbrain

Tele-Holic
Yes, that kit is a 5E3. You can drop in a pair of 6V6's or 6L6's and it will work either way. Of course, with 6L6's the circuit becomes a 5E5 Pro.

Scooby9261

Tele-Meister
Why does this board look so different ? The other board im gonna be building looks different the layout (turret). I can use 6V6 or 6L6 ? I did not know that.

Basically im having trouble reading this diagram compared to what ive been studying which is the 5E3 that looks like this diagram. To me some of the parts seem different or because its all in a different order its confusing me ? I dunno lol.

I can def put the kit together, but down the road trying to do mods on this is gonna be a head scratcher for me at the current moment, its like i dont have my glasses on and everythings a blur and I just need to find my glasses and ill be good ;-)

Attachments

• 5e3_Feedback_Switch.png
    5e3_Feedback_Switch.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Scooby9261

Tele-Meister
Also would a Hammond 269EX transformer work for this ? or would that be more for a champ ?
380VCT @ 75Ma. 6.3v @ 2.5A. Whte-Gry 115 44va 60hz. Wht-Blk 125 tap.
I also have a extra Output Transformer P-T31 is the # on it.

These are from an amp that was a project I had, MOD 102 that I ended up taking parts from to repair some of my other amps. Just trying to find a use for them.

ok_state_blues

Tele-Meister
The 269EX looks a bit too small by comparison to a 5E3 rated PT

Also the p-t31 is a single ended OT that won't work for a 5E3

ok_state_blues

Tele-Meister
^ Thanks :) Would these work for building a 5F1 ya think ? Wish I knew what the Mod 102 kit was based on.
Yes they should work. As stated, bring those build questions to the shock side of the forum for ballparking uses for those pieces of hardware.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Hey there guys. I ordered a 5E3 kit earlier this week, but my friend surprised me with a "5E3" kit today. But im scratching my head. This kit uses 6L6 tubes and has no rectifier. And the layout looks very different. Anyone see the similarities of a 5E3 and this ? Or is this actually based on another amp ?

I’m on my phone and that layout gave me a headache.

The schematic seemed easier to follow but it kept snapping back to small after I tried to enlarge it.

I did catch two inputs only and it seemed to have multiple output taps which is not really a bad thing, but as the saying goes ‘ that ain’t stock’.

I saw the word VERB and I ran off to look for my glasses…

Scooby9261

Tele-Meister
Right now i am 75% done, i would of been done with it but i needed new solder tips and i couldnt find my spares so ive been waiting for like 5 days to get those to get this amp finished. If i had to rebuild this amp, i could prob do the whole build in a long day. But the directions for this are non existent besides this layout. Thankfully ive had a few people really helping me out and ive been taking notes of this and that so in the future i can utilize what ive learned doing this build. :)

Hopefully i dont run into any more issues, but if i do im lucky to have the people of this forum willing to help :)

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member

What company made the kit?