1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

'59 tele blonde whiteguard slab toploader

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by msg315, Sep 6, 2019.

1. _Presto_

_Presto_ TDPRI Member

Also here's mine getting played by some other blokes

KelvinS1965 likes this.
  2. LucasT

LucasT TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Stupid question maybe (could be my eyes), but why am I only seeing four string-thru holes on that foto of the double duty 60's bridge?

3. d barham

d barham Tele-Afflicted

You may be seeing the holes for the screws that attach the bridge plate to the guitar body. You can’t really see the string through holes very well from that angle.

4. LucasT

LucasT TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Ahhhh, yes. Thanks!

5. fernieite

fernieite Tele-Meister

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Fretting out and _Presto_ like this.
  6. _Presto_

_Presto_ TDPRI Member

Fretting out likes this.
  7. Danman

Danman Tele-Meister

Hi Presto, thanks!
    I have been crazy busy lately so haven't been around much, unfortunately....
    I didn't refret the Tele yet. I just have been playing it the way it is. I will sometime but other projects have my priority right now. And it actually is pretty amazing the way it is so I get by.... ;-)

On the matter of string through versus top loading: I built myself a mahogany Tele P90s in 1993. I put a top loading Rutters bridge on it. I never played it much because I didn't like the feel of the neck and the feel and resonance of the guitar that much. But earlier this year I decided to change that. I reshaped the neck to resemble my 71 Tele and I drilled holes through the body to make it string through..
    Man, if anyone says there is no difference... It's a completely different guitar now and it has become one of my favorite go to guitars. The way the strings resonate and the snappyness is so much nicer. It plays and feels like a Tele now and before it really didn't, it fights back like a Tele. I haven't tried it with my 60 yet. But I'm convinced that it will be very different.
    I can imagine that it also depends on the way you play or what you are looking for in a guitar. But for me this is much better.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.