'59 Fender Esquire, Clive Brown body Refin.

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by oldflame, Feb 22, 2020.

1. oldflame

oldflame TDPRI Member

Haven't been around much here of late. Thought you guys may want to see this video we did from a few years back on my '59 Esquire. Basically posting to keep the guitar honest.

lewis, RodeoTex, VWAmTele and 4 others like this.
  2. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for posting!
    Nice refin, and I’ve always loved 59 Blondes with slaboards, good looking combo. Sounds nice too!

3. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

That's a stunning instrument.

4. tintag27

tintag27 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sweet tone and a beautiful guitar

5. _Presto_

_Presto_ TDPRI Member

Ah nice one, I’ve seen that video a few times already. I live in Oz and have a ‘59 Esquire also (maple board). I think I stumbled across it when doing some research before buying mine. Beautiful guitar and sounds great.

Sorry if it’s mentioned in the vid - but who did the refret?

6. oldflame

oldflame TDPRI Member

Cheers folks.

I don't know as it had already been refretted when I got it. The frets are slightly larger than normal too so it's real easy to play. Clive reckoned it was a good job whoever done it. He also mentioned that a shot of nitro had been put over the back of the neck, and that thankfully they had not done the front of the peg head.

BTW, I didn't rewire the guitar. Had a full 1960 control layout that I just popped in. Just had to wire the output leads on so that was a bonus.

As a matter of interest, if you dig around on the other videos put up by Matt on the 'Tone' channel, you'll see my Lake Placid 'Bravewood' Tele on there too. That one sports some nice vintage bits as well.

7. Sea Devil

Sea Devil Tele-Afflicted

Your quite right about Clive Brown. I've yet to see one of his finishes in person, but I'm in awe of his skill.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.