57 Classic + in neck too?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Okieactor, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Okieactor

Okieactor Tele-Holic

I got a couple 57 Classic + PAFs in a trade. I used to have a 2013 Gibson SG standard, trying to get my PRS S2 Singlecut to sound a little bit more in that ballpark. I think I like more of a classic PAF tone, more so than the modern PRS #7s.

So I guess my options are to try both the 57 plusses in the guitar, or try to trade one of them for a regular 57 classic to put in the neck position.

Also, they don't measure the same, I have one that's 8.7 and one that's 9.2.

Thoughts?

2. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

I'd give em a shot. 8.7 in the neck and 9.2 in the bridge. Good lu7uck. Let us know how it turns out.

Okieactor likes this.
  3. Archtop Bill

Archtop Bill Tele-Meister

You may like it, but some would describe the tone as muddy.

Okieactor likes this.
  4. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

That 8.7k isn't much different to a standard 57 classic. Like above i'd put it in the neck.

I have a classic plus in the bridge and 57 classic in the neck of my 2011 Traditional les paul and they rock.

Some gibsons come with the same two 57 classics in neck and bridge. The Plus is just a little hotter. With two volume and tone pots you can dial it back a bit.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Okieactor likes this.
  5. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I like mine, but my ES-135 was too dark due to the balsa center block, so I kept the neck ‘57 but swapped the bridge out for a single coil (Seymour Duncan Dynasonic).

I love them in my ‘57 reissue Les Paul Custom, too.

1EB56D20-0BC3-4A34-B665-F17E8425921E.jpeg 33BA0690-CE49-4BEF-939B-B7186520182F.jpeg

Mincer likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.