1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

57 Champ Reissue Champ or 68 Vibro Champ Reissue

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by tmslider, Jan 21, 2021.

1. caspersvapors

caspersvapors Tele-Meister

Leo Fender sure had some balls when he dared to call his Pro Reverb a Pro whenever everybody knows a proper Pro is a 1x15. OR that other time when the Super became a 4x10. Or that other other time when the Vibrolux became a 2x10...

2. ricks57custom

ricks57custom TDPRI Member

To be fair, Leo did the same thing. He had a Champ and then added vibrato and called it a Vibro Champ. There's added reverb so it's now called a Vibro Champ Reverb. We haven't said that it is a reissue but a vintage modified. At it's heart, it is the sound and circuit as a Vibro Champ with some slight mods.

Some will be upset that it's not exactly the same but we felt that having the added bonus or reverb and a bigger speaker would be seen as a plus to a lot pf players. Hopefully when people play these amps they will feel the same. If not, we all know there are plenty of vintage ones on Reverb. Though they are a lot more than they used to be these days. :)

caspersvapors likes this.
  3. teleman1

teleman1 Friend of Leo's

AH HA! Fender Brass. Well, let me say this, about that. Maybe your Dad thought he was buying a Cadillac, when he brought the Cadillac Cimarron home. It wa very much like a Caddy, 4 wheels, head lights, door handles, but that was no Cadillac.
    Rick57? I am saying, they should have called it anything else. It is a different speaker, cabinet? THey called the Super & Vibro Champs XD. Why didn't they call this the Vibro Champ extended XS? OK drop the XS. You say you hope people will feel the same? I'm sure they will like what Fender is trying to accomplish. But if you can't go with my early suggestion, try the Vibro "Goulash" I think Fender might need an idea man like me, will you tell them about the Goulash?

4. ricks57custom

ricks57custom TDPRI Member

Haha, I'll make sure to pass along your naming suggestions. Also, I'd say I'm more aluminum foil than brass ;)

5. Shnook

Shnook Tele-Meister

Players have put larger speakers in or made bigger cabinets for the Champs and Princeton’s for decades and continued to call them Champs and Princeton’s. I have no issue with Fender doing it to their amps and calling them what they will. It’s an amp. Try one out when they’re available and see what you think. What it’s called is pointless to me. Rigid thinking is something I try to avoid.

caspersvapors, ricks57custom and irie like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.