57’ custom champ & 68’ custom vibrochamp reverb

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Linkjr, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Linkjr

Linkjr Tele-Meister

Hi guys

I have been watching demos of these 2 amps that fender has brought out and i have to say I'm impressed. ive built both these amps and my tweed champ clone does sound almost the same as the 57 custom but i had to add zeners to tame mine.

i have heard others also say that the fender reissue versions sound different to their clone. I know there are quite a few reasons for this eg speaker , tubes but does anyone know what power transformers and bias resistor values fender went with in these 2 amps?

Presumably they use a power transformer suitable for all regions since i know these amps are sold in the uk and the us.

2. BCblues55

BCblues55 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I bought the Vibrochamp Reverb and could not be happier (unless there was a master volume). Great cleans for playing around at home and seems to take pedals well. I used to have a 73 SFVC, and I like this one better because of the addition of reverb. Again, great tone.

Mike M likes this.
  3. King Fan

King Fan Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Consulted the Champ schematic. Looks like 350 B+, 340 plate, 18 cathode, and 470R resistor. So extremely close to what I think of as vintage values.

DB937CAA-FF4C-4789-8814-FF02D4FECC74.png

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Linkjr likes this.
  4. Lowerleftcoast

Lowerleftcoast Friend of Leo's

The 57 custom schematic shows a different PT for the different markets. 100VAC, 120VAC, and 230-240VAC.

5. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Afflicted

Have a Vibro Champ as well, and in love with it.

6. Linkjr

Linkjr Tele-Meister

Yeah listening to the vibrochamp reverb demos it sounds biased real nice, possibly running hot so I'm interested to know what bias resister they got in there as there seems to be a lot of variation in what should be there due to the schem being old and wall voltage higher

OldPup likes this.
  7. BCblues55

BCblues55 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I forgot to mention that the Celestion 10” speaker also sounds really good (at least to me). Nowhere near as boxy as the 8” speaker in the original.

8. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Afflicted

And the Digital Hall Reverb sounds really good (was very surprised here) and of course Tube Bias Tremolo, my favorite Trem.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.