Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by mcomio, Feb 16, 2009.
Those necks are absolutely GORGEOUS! And the bodies aint half bad neither
A real beauty!!! Love the finish!
Currently I'm "Ampless" but I'll correct the problem in the near future.
Then I'll try to post some soundbites.
I like your logo. I do not believe anyone needs to apologize for the Fender logo on their builds. After all, it is Leo Fender's design. In writing, if you don't credit the originator of a quote or piece of information you are wrong. So you have given credit to the designer and credit to the builder in a tasteful way. Good job.
I really like the paint on your second guitar. What did you do different?
In the second paint job i tried to minimize human factor in mixing the colour
Recently i found hardened 30+ years old nitro lacquer.
I dissolved it in thinner and filtered it.
It is responsible for the blonde effect
That looks like something out of a horror movie! Glad that you could put it to good use!
You should see chips breaking and flying around when I attacked it with hammer and chisel
Nice work on these guitars. You have the 50's look down pat.
This is a bit outside the 50s parameters as far as the paint job is concerned
but I'll put it here anyway.
Im currently well underway of building Jimmi's Woodstock white strat,but untill
hardware arrives ,man's got to keep himself occupied.
I found n the workshop a plank of maple 30+ yrs old,with wild grain,and thought
that it might be interesting to build a neck out of it.It won't be classic 50s neck
since i did it with white trussrod plug on te headstock side.I was thinking of making matching headstock in solid color.
However,on the profiling ,i went Tadeo taper
It's been a while since I last posted but it doesn't mean that I've done nothing.
Here are few pictures from an off-tele project
Always wanted to see a Strat with binding, looks awesome
Just wanted to share few pictures of my newest build.
Just asembled it this mourning.
Some pictures of bulding process
I went for contoured body because it was a bit on a heavy side and I didn't want to dismiss it because of a nice grain
For a primer I use shellac.It seals the wood nicely and prevents excessive
soak-in of the sanding sealer.
And finally finished instrument.
Ther was some baaad genetic manipulation with this one
Actually inspiration came from 3 different Tele's:
Jeff Beck '54 Esquire
Merle Haggard signature Tele
Danny Gatton Tele
Obviously it doesn't look like any of above,but I've built this one having those 3 in mind.
Simply a jaw dropping thread...amazing work there bud!
Very nice work and you have excellent taste in finishes and colours. Even if the '53 is a bit dark, the colour it turned out is lovely.
Smart thinking with the logo's, Fender might not approve, but it's a great way to keep an authentic look without getting caught up in the "faking and misleading" arguement.
About the logo: I've given up Fender spahgetti part completely.
I still use Telecaster,but i think that's also gonna change in future builds.
I had too much talk about logo,more than about the guitar so I decided to
let it go .