1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

'53 CNC build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by ehawley, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Newbcaster

Newbcaster Tele-Holic

Hey ed.. post pics of that recording studio and let us know how you are recording. RME,Focusrite, AVID.. share the gear!!!

Newb

2. Fever2112

Fever2112 NEW MEMBER!

Ed: I know I am 10 years late for this party but I am interested in any of the files you created in the thread.... I am only at page 15 and perhaps it is somewhere yet to be found, but most links in the thread are no longer working. I really like the drill jigs you did for the jack hole and the neck truss hole.

3. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

Hey all!!!...Every once in awhile I come back to the fold. I've been building now for a good 11 years and its all been fun! Sad to say, I don't really build many Teles anymore. Mostly everything I build is my own design 2424 or 2522 (24" scale, 24 fret....25" scale,22 fret) I built a two story workshop at the back of my property 3 years ago that has served me well. Unfortunatly Photobucket has stopped linking photos and files to other sites. I guess i'll pay to have them relinked. I look back on this thread and not one (almost) picture is showing! I'll try and get everything linked so we can all enjoy this thread again! I can also show pictures of guitars, solid and hollow bodies, that I am building now.
    Thanks everyone!!! I'll be back soon!

bier, LeftFinger, Barncaster and 3 others like this.
  4. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

Good to see you back on the Forum, Ed. I hope you can resurrect all the photos and files.

5. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

It would be great to see what you're building Ed! A new build thread would be very cool too..

6. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

here is a picture of a guitar I just got finished building. It is a commemorative guitar to honor my friend's mom's passing.
    Mahogany body and neck, flamed maple cap, Richlite bound fingerboard, blend control instead of a switch.
    betty ann.jpg

Attached Files:

7. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

Here's a picture of a tele I built about 6 months ago. The Jersey Coral! Unfortunately I haven't built a tele since..!!
    isabella coral tele.jpg

Dyloh and adirondak5 like this.
  8. colinm478

colinm478 TDPRI Member

I just pulled my first guitar body off the router today. Tomorrow I'm going to use a bearing/flush trim bit to remove my tabs and a round over to break the edges on both sides. CNC is magic I swear.

[​IMG]

Jim_in_PA, krrtlr1, nickhofen and 3 others like this.
  9. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Tele-Afflicted

Looks like a big cnc. You should post some info about it in the DIY Tool shed forum.

awasson likes this.
  10. colinm478

colinm478 TDPRI Member

I'll get some details, its at my makerspace. My understanding is that it was a kit the group built. It's not very rigid- especially compared to commercial grade machines. However, it is good enough for my projects. The best part, is it can machine on full 4x8 plywood sheets- very useful for upholstered furniture.

https://i.imgur.com/dS57k4A.jpg

11. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Tele-Afflicted

Looks like a cncrouterparts kit. Those are.pretty decent hobby machines.

12. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

That cut nicely. I also like having my CNC for this new guitar building hobby of mine...whether it's just doing the basic "drudgery" work or doing something really creative, I eat it right up.

13. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

Yup...CNCROUTERPARTS/AVID make a great machine kit! I use a 4X4 Pro. The older Vcon style. Ive made many a guitar on that baby! I have it down on the first floor of my shop. I never went to Mach4...still using Mach3! If it ain't broke........I have more pictures at my Hawley Jersey Guitars facebook page. Stop by and say hello!

GunsOfBrixton and PeterUK like this.
  14. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I also use a 4x4 format CNC machine...guitar building using it is a personal endeavor as I use the machine for subcontract work in my "very small" part time business. I'm cutting chair seats this week for a maker in Princeton.

AVID does produce some excellent options for folks who want a CNC machine that has good capability yet comes with the cost savings of kit assembly. Folks who opt for AVID are not limited to Mach for control, however. The machines are easily equipped with a more sophisticated and capable controller such as Centroid Acorn. Buy the physical machine from AVID and buy the controller from Centroid or an integrator like my friend Gary Campbell.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.