52' telecaster Usa reissue: stock pickups?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by piers, Apr 18, 2015.

1. piers

piers TDPRI Member

Hi! I've recently purchased a 52' telecaster reissue usa from 2000. How do I know if the pu are the stock ones? What are they called? Alnico III's or I'm wrong? Is it a crime if I want to swap in some Rio Grandes? Any suggestion about other pickups will be appreciated, I'd like to achieve something like a Fat twangy sound even in the bridge pickup, wich is too harsh for me. Thank you very much guys!

2. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

3. Triton Thrasher

Triton Thrasher Tele-Afflicted

Can you achieve what you want by turning knobs, Fezz Parka wiring, using both pickups, or somesuch?

4. piers

piers TDPRI Member

Yes I can, i like this pickups, altough I can't tell for sure they're the stock ones because I bought it used. I was just thinking of upgrading it, nothing 'modern' at all or too different. I've heard about Van Zandt or Rio Grande, I love the fact that they're handmade in Texas, but sincerely I don't know if they really would improve the tone of the instrument, wich already has pretty god pu's in my opinion, so I'm asking to you experts.

5. hongaku

hongaku Tele-Afflicted

I think back then the stock ones were A5. Put whatever you want in there - just hang on to the original ones (presuming the ones in there now are stock), in case you ever change your mind or need to sell the guitar.

6. fakeocaster

fakeocaster Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

+1

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.