1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

52 Reissue Telecaster (Korina)

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Tunacan Dan, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Tunacan Dan

Tunacan Dan TDPRI Member

I just purchased one of these and will be receiving it tomorrow. Just wondering what people thought about these and how it felt/sound if you played one.

Cam likes this.
  2. GazzaBloom

GazzaBloom Former Member

I haven't tried one, I have a regular ash AV52 though and I believe the only difference will be the body wood.

Korina can have some occasional dark markings in the grain, which can look odd if in the wrong places. Hopefully yours will be to your liking.

Expect it to be a little heavier compared to an Ash Tele. Soundwise there won't be much difference but side by side the Korina may be just a little warmer sounding.

I'm sure you will have seen this, it sounds great, through an Xotic SP compressor, Tube Screamer and Line 6 M9 for delay:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Tunacan Dan likes this.
  3. stevenhay

stevenhay Tele-Meister

I'm jealous. I always thought that a tele in Korina finished with that kind of limed finish like all the blond furniture from the 50s would be really awesome.

Tunacan Dan likes this.
  4. Tunacan Dan

Tunacan Dan TDPRI Member

I tried posting a picture earlier but the site wasn't letting me. Here's a pic of my guitar during a set up.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Rufustelestrats

Rufustelestrats Tele-Holic

Just a heads up I have been looking at these and apparently they are poly.
    R

Tunacan Dan likes this.
  6. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

One of the nicest I've played in recent years, and nice looking to boot.
    Downside was it was also one of the heaviest Teles' I've encountered.

7. Tunacan Dan

Tunacan Dan TDPRI Member

I called fender to verify that and they told me it was the exact same as the regular 52 reissue. I have seen on some sites saying it was polyurethane. Can you feel the difference?

8. Tunacan Dan

Tunacan Dan TDPRI Member

Yea mine was one of the lighter ones the shop had and it's still 8.8 pounds haha. I don't mind heavy but man this is les Paul territory.

Crobbins likes this.
  9. Badspike

Badspike TDPRI Member

Mine comes in over 9 lbs. but it's still a lot of fun to play. Warmer than your normal Tele but I got to say man it sounds great doing rock power chords or clean jazz! Like the Swirl in the Korina also. Finish comes off as a bit heavy to me. Telekorina.jpg

Tele-roaster likes this.
  10. Twang Tone

Twang Tone Friend of Leo's

I tried one in London in 2015. They were part of the "10 for '15" series Fender were doing at the time.

All I remember was how heavy it was. Wish I'd had my scales with me, 'cos this thing must have been 9-10lbs, easy. I'm talking Les Paul-weight territory.

Other than the Limited Edition neck plate, it was basically the same as the current AV 52 Telecaster. Played nice, sounded good, but I wouldn't want it hanging from my strap!

11. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

that real nice to look at. It just looks so right.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.