1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

52 Reissue ID - Help wanted

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by last5m, Apr 14, 2018.

1. last5m

last5m NEW MEMBER!

So I'd like to purchase my first tele. Have seen a nice 52 reissue. I've pulled it apart and the neck is dated 1982 and the body is 1993. There is no serial number on the visible outer. I'm trying to work out if both are authentic and US made. Any tips or info on this would be much appreciated. Details below:

Stamps inside neck cavity are:
    APR 30 1993
    A Murillo
    CRK SHK

Stamps on but of neck are:
    FRR20
    H. Gastelum (this suggests a custon neck)
    6-10-82

A few pics attached:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. last5m

last5m NEW MEMBER!

[​IMG]

3. Ron Garson

Ron Garson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Well, it might be US made, but those dates would suggest that it is not original. An, "off the line" guitar would surely never have neck and body dates 11 years apart. A genuine '52 reissue has the serial number stamped on the bridge...unless it got changed for the 6 saddle bridge that came with all the "case candy."
    Herbie Gastelum did work, latterly, in the Custom Shop, but in 1982, he would have been shaping necks for the factory in general. The Custom Shop wasn't in existence at that time.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.