1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

52 Reissue Hot Rod. Wow!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Ward, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Ward

Ward Tele-Holic

I played one of these beauties at GC this weekend, and it was amazing. I ws playing through one of those new champs (which is a great little amp by the way). The tone was really great on the brindge, and the neck was just plain comfortable.

The biggest thing I noticed, however, was the neck pickup. First or all, it cuts just as well as the bridge, there's no muddiness, which I have in my Mexican Tele Neck. The volume is the exact same once you click over. The tone is just amazing. I'm impressed, now I've jut got to save up from the thing!

Ward

2. hunterwh

hunterwh TDPRI Member

I am drooling over the hot rod too. I went into Guitar Center this weekend and much to my surprise the 52 Hot Rod was marked down to 1650!! A 500 dollar price drop. I asked about this and they said it was due to Fender's price increase. I find GC to be really shady but that is one great deal. I ordered the Champ from Sweetwater. I am actually considering trading my Marshall 18 watt to get the tele.

3. Ward

Ward Tele-Holic

That's a great deal. I think what I may do until I can afford the real deal is get one of the Seymore Duncan neck SM-1 pickups that the tele has for my MIM. I don't use my neck pickup anyway, so it can only be an improvement.

I was really blown away by that neck sound, I've never really used my neck tele pickup before, but I would with that guitar.

4. whart

whart TDPRI Member

The guitar was around 1400 dollars and change several months ago, right before, and immediately after the Fender price increase. I bought one at that time from the GC, but, FWIW, I tried about 4 or 5 of them before I found one I loved. There was also a Nocaster I tried- I loved the fat neck, but in every other respect, the Hot Rod did it for me. (And, FWIW, I am no great player- just learning, after playing keyboards for 4 plus decades).
    The Hot Rod is very versatile with the mini-bucker and the traditional pick-up.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.