52 Hot Rod Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Nicky B, Nov 13, 2008.

1. djwood

djwood TDPRI Member

That's gorgeous! Congrats!

2. arsepa

arsepa TDPRI Member

New member here IMG_0127.JPG

djwood likes this.
  3. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Joined in Nov last year. It's now my main player. Haven't taken the neck off to determine what year it is. What years did they make the HR with the SD mini bucker?
    IMG_0821.JPG

djwood likes this.
  4. arsepa

arsepa TDPRI Member

From what I read 2007 - 2012

djwood likes this.
  5. Keymaster13

Keymaster13 Tele-Meister

Hello Hot Rodders! I am developing some GAS for a 52 Hot Rod, it ain't pretty. That said, I am trying to see what a good price is for one of these? I have been eyeing one here on Reverb but it seems steep (200-300 USD higher) among some of the other ones that are for sale, maybe because it is a music store selling it? The guitar is clean but has some wear in the usual places.

https://reverb.com/item/4615243-fen...2-telecaster-mn-butterscotch-blonde-used-s218

This may be the going rate, just trying to make a smart decision despite the GAS.

Thanks, I will join you guys one way or another, just a matter of when. I may just wait and route my AV52 for a bucker but it just doesn't feel right doing that, not sure why. :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  6. Keymaster13

Keymaster13 Tele-Meister

Ok, I'm in..HR is being shipped tomorrow! Will post some pics later on in the week!

Went to try the one I posted above. Played nice but it was a bit worn. Found a mint one on Ebay so I pulled the trigger.

Excited to join the club!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    EuroBailey likes this.
  7. djwood

djwood TDPRI Member

Very exciting. You're going to love it. Do you have a link to the ebay listing for yours? Interested for aesthetics more than going-rate. Anyway that reverb listing might be a little high, depending on condition etc... but IMHO a hundred here or there is worth finding something you love playing.

I need to take a family photo, I love my 52VHR so much that I thought I'd try the 62VHR Strat -- and it's also a beast. Great stuff!

ast370, Southpole and Keymaster13 like this.
  8. Keymaster13

Keymaster13 Tele-Meister

I totally agree, I just wish I didn't let me GAS get so out of control. :) I have my new AV52 up on Ebay and Reverb at the moment, its bitter sweet because it is such a great guitar, I just think the neck on the 52HR and the mini-hum are more for me. Here is a link to the Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/382036168623?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The listing I asked about in my last post was $350 more and was pretty beat. The knobs were loose and it had a lot of dings in the usual places.

Please post a "family" photo, would love to see your set-up!

9. Keymaster13

Keymaster13 Tele-Meister

The pics of the guitar are better in the original ebay post. Seller had the HR in the wrong case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/382034709324

Not sure if the link still works.

10. djwood

djwood TDPRI Member

I have to click the "See original listing" link -- there I see pictures with the ashtray cover and the case I guess which was the wrong one? The finish is interesting, or the photos make it so -- it looks more "blonde" than "butterscotch" in the photos. I haven't seen one like that before. Very pretty!

11. Keymaster13

Keymaster13 Tele-Meister

View attachment 418252
    Yeah that is correct, I thought it was odd that the case wasn't the normal tweed G&G with one storage compartment on the bottom left of the case, it was the standard Fender Tweed case. One of the sellers other items (lonestar strat) was originally shown with all the Tele documentation and the G&G case so I asked him about it.

I agree from what I could tell on the color, I am guessing its the camera and lighting, I will post fresh pics when I get it Friday. The attached photo is the clearest of the bunch by far, it almost looks similar like the new butterscotch on the American Professional Series, maybe a bit more natural? Hard to tell.

I contacted Fender about the serial number to check things out and will validate the neck pocket and neck when it comes Friday as well. Hopefully no issues.

EDIT - Regarding color, the one at CME that I looked at looks way less orange in person than it does in the picture they have on Reverb. Who knows, everything else looked ok to me but I am no expert.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  12. Keymaster13

Keymaster13 Tele-Meister

Heard back from Fender, here are the details on the Hot Rod I just purchased (will be here on Thurs!!!). I will take the neck off and check the stamps when I get it but here are the details from Fender.

--------

Sure thing, full rundown below!

(XN)63XXX - Vintage Hot Rod 52 Telecaster in Butterscotch Blonde from 05/2008, made in the US.

Model Name: Vintage Hot Rod '52 Telecaster
    Model Number: 010-0232-(Color #)
    Series: Vintage Hot Rod Series
    Body: Premium Ash Body
    Neck: 1-Piece Maple, “U” Shape,
    (Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Front with Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Back)
    Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" radius (241 mm)
    Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
    Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
    Nut: 1.650” (42 mm)
    Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
    Machine Heads: Fender®/Gotoh® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
    Bridge: Original Vintage Tele Bridge with Three Fully Adjustable Compensating Brass Saddles
    Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Bakelite on (850) Butterscotch Blonde, 1-Ply White on (806) Black
    Pickups: 1 Custom Vintage Tele® (Bridge),
    1 Seymour Duncan® Vintage Mini HB (Neck)
    Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:
    Position 1. Bridge Pickup
    Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
    Position 3. Neck Pickup
    Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
    Colors: (850) Butterscotch Blonde,
    (806) Black,
    ("Thin-Skin" Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
    Strings: Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel,
    Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046),
    p/n 073-0250-006
    Case: Vintage Tweed Hardshell Case, P/N 0023637000
    Other Features: “U” Shape Maple Neck with Satin Finish on Back of Neck,
    "Thin-Skin" Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish,
    Compensated Brass Saddles,
    Custom Vintage Tele Bridge Pickup Paired with a Seymour Duncan® Vintage Mini Humbucking Pickup,
    Medium Jumbo Frets,
    9.5” Fingerboard Radius,
    Black Dot Position Inlays,
    Chrome Dome Control Knobs
    Source: U.S.
    Accessories: Vintage Tweed Case,
    Strap,
    Cable
    U.S. MSRP: $2,399.99
    INTRODUCED: 1/2007
    DISCONTINUED: 8/2013
    COMMENTS: Bridge upgraded in 10/2011 from three compensated brass saddles (Gatton saddles) to: three fully adjustable compensating brass saddles,
    MSRP Price drop from $2,750.00 to $2,299.99 in 1/2010,
    Meguiar’s Mist and Wipe Kit Discontinued in the Kit in 10/2007
    NOTICE: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice

13. Keymaster13

Keymaster13 Tele-Meister

Ok, just received my "new" hot rod last night. I haven't had a chance to pop the neck or pick guard but I plan to look at that tonight. I look forward to hearing how it sounds plugged in but it is pretty resonate on its own.

The colors look like the other Hot rods I have seen. The ebay post was just a bit blurry. I need to clean it up a bit but it's in excellent shape.

1492546466425.jpg 1492546500731.jpg

Attached Files:

Southpole, arsepa and EuroBailey like this.
  14. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Holic

Enjoy! They are a beautiful looking, sounding & playing guitar

Keymaster13 likes this.
  15. djwood

djwood TDPRI Member

Very nice!!!! Congrats and enjoy!

Keymaster13 likes this.
  16. themindfields

themindfields NEW MEMBER!

Hello! I'm confused 'cause i want to buy 52 Hot Rod Tele, but I'm not sure if it isn't the faked one. Can anybody confirm its authenticity, please?

Attached Files:

17. mike58

mike58 TDPRI Member

Were there any lefty hot rods made?
    Dumb question , but I take it you need to route the pu cavity to fit the mini SD? ( obviously pickguard altered)
    Mike

18. uglyrunner

uglyrunner TDPRI Member

Finally a member. What a neck... Image1518669943.547896.jpg

Walter Violette, ast370 and djwood like this.
  19. ast370

ast370 Tele-Meister

I did the same thing...

djwood likes this.
  20. TheRoman

TheRoman TDPRI Member

Just got a used 52HR from GC website...so I'm new to this thread. It's in impeccable condition and has the original case, in perfect shape. It even has the hang tags.
    Two questions. 1) The previous owner must have replaced the output jack with a rectangular "Gibson" one. While it looks and functions great, and seems to be of high quality, obviously four small holes had to be drilled for the screws. To retro fit an original round jack, there would be holes, etc, correct? (duh!) While I'm not too obsessed with keeping things in museum quality, I generally some things the "way they were meant to be." What are opinions on having a rectangular jack there...for purity sake?
    2) what were the manufacture years for the ones with the mini SD humbuckers?

djwood likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.