1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

'51 p-bass template

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by ccrnnr9, Mar 5, 2009.

1. ccrnnr9

ccrnnr9 Tele-Holic

Well if you have been paying attention to my other thread I am new to the builing deal but I found a guy locally who is willing to teach me woodworking skills and work me through the building process at $20/hour if I pay for the big materials (he pays for sandpaper, glue, fretwire, nut, etc). Needless to say I am going to jump on that but I am taking my time finding exactly the right resources for the build. I found a lumber dealer locally who have very cheap prices on alder so that is what I'll be using.

That being said I was wondering if someone can point me to a resource for a template and routing guide for a '51 p-bass (tele bass) and neck as well. I want to keep it all the original spec so it will be one single coil pickup, standard bridge, etc. The guy has told me to do all the research and stuff on my own and we will start once I have obtained all the correct guides and have familiarized myself with the builds.

I must be an idiot because no matter what search terms I use for the search on these boards I get wacky unrelated responses. The search function never seems to turn up valuable responses like I get if I use the boolean method on google or something similar. My quick google search has not yielded much help either. Yours is appreciated!
    ~Nick

2. banaan90

banaan90 NEW MEMBER!

Hello,
    I'm lookling for a 51 p-bass template aswell
    looked all over the internet and finally found this site. Lot's of people building beautiful tele's here. So I'm hoping there is one availble.

3. Casual_Reader

Casual_Reader Tele-Holic

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.