50th Anniversary of Machine Head

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Whoa. It seems only yesterday I was listening to that new 8 track cruising through a desolate quarry in my brothers fast back mustang. Probably to highway star.

Don’t think I could ever play Ritchie’s scalloped neck strats.

50 years. Where have they gone

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Whoa. It seems only yesterday I was listening to that new 8 track cruising through a desolate quarry in my brothers fast back mustang. Probably to highway star.

It is hard to believe it's been fifty years.......
I will say, In Rock was more influential on me. My personal intro to Ian Gillan. I still prefer Rod Evans. ;)

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
50 years indeed!..and the opening bass line of Smoke On The Water has been playing on a tape loop in my head the whole time. Dump, dump...Daaa, dump dump'd Daaa:)

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Fantastic album. I'd say the one DP album everyone should own.
I still remember talking my aunt into buying the Smoke On The Water 45 for me (b side was the live version). She did, but under the condition that I not play it when she was visiting. :p

Flyboy

Tele-Holic
There were guys at school raving about Burn so I was ina shop checking that out. Then I pulled out Machine Head and slavered all over the photos of Glover's Rickenbacker (I was a nascent 4001 fan at the time). It had SOTW so I bought MH instead. Back home I sat, transfixed, as I listened to Highway Star, over and over again. Still have the LP.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
The band that birthed us yngwie!!!

Take that as you will

Machine head is a rockin album, highway star just makes you feel like you’re driving a thousand miles an hour

john_cribbin

Tele-Afflicted
There were guys at school raving about Burn so I was ina shop checking that out. Then I pulled out Machine Head and slavered all over the photos of Glover's Rickenbacker (I was a nascent 4001 fan at the time). It had SOTW so I bought MH instead. Back home I sat, transfixed, as I listened to Highway Star, over and over again. Still have the LP.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity

That was some Dan Hippy Rawk at its finest.
The work by Keyboardist Jon Lord and Drummer Ian Paice should never be overlooked.
My Ears are still Ringing.
YEP!!!

tele_savales

Tele-Afflicted
The Classic Albums episode of this album is surprisingly good, w Roger Glover at the board. Probably the most perfectly recorded and mixed album of any genre, since the beginning of recorded music. Just my ever humble opinion. Besides the fact that it rips, obviously.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Machine Head. One of the best albums EVER, not jut rock, but ALL genres.
"Lazy" is amazing, as are all the cuts.
Instead of saying "It's been 50 years - where has the time gone?",
I ask "Where is the new generation of rockers?"
John Mayer? Lenny Kravitz? Please ...
But I kinda like this guy (only 20):

jaxjaxon

Tele-Holic
Oh yes what a LP and what a Band. I saw them soon after the LP came out at the Kennedy center Wash D.C. Lets Go Space Truckin.
Kennedy caenter Ballroom.png

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Machine Head. One of the best albums EVER, not jut rock, but ALL genres.
"Lazy" is amazing, as are all the cuts.
Instead of saying "It's been 50 years - where has the time gone?",
I ask "Where is the new generation of rockers?"
John Mayer? Lenny Kravitz? Please ...
But I kinda like this guy (only 20):

Me and my "cruise the back roads buddies" wore that Machine Head 8-Track all the way out!
I think that Marcus has a lot more to show us as he matures. First impression was just another youngster that found the music of the late 60s and 70s, nothing really new or special. After seeing him play for 3 hours up close in a club with about 300 people I'll say he truly loves that music and gets better all the time.