50's Thinline Telecaster NAMM LTD (Oly White over 3TSB!)

yeatzee

Tele-Meister
Picked up this beauty recently, my first ever Fender and my first ever Telecaster! Did a video unboxing, demo'ing, and going over my thoughts on the guitar (4k, recommend a nice big monitor ;) )

It was a 2018 Winter NAMM LTD, really unique looking with some interesting specs such as the 57 V neck and HW broadcaster / HW Texas special pickup config. So far I'm loving it!

N561sU7.jpg

lepUpgM.jpg

C0diTN8.jpg

poW5d03.jpg

Out in the wild
UWQD3vp.jpg

Pics don't do it justice, skip to 3:54 on the video I do some closeup b-roll going over the whole guitar and you can really appreciate the checking and relic finish.

I also demo the guitar with some various tones. The pickup combination on paper is a little strange, don't think I've seen this combo listed very often. Curious to hear from the experts how common the broadcaster/texas special are paired. I like it so far, but I've got nothing to compare it to :)

Attachments

• 50s-thinline-tele.jpg
    50s-thinline-tele.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 210

milocj

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Great guitar. I've seen one other that was similar to it but it wasn't double bound beneath the white.

VillainSean

Tele-Holic
Picked up this beauty recently, my first ever Fender and my first ever Telecaster! Did a video unboxing, demo'ing, and going over my thoughts on the guitar (4k, recommend a nice big monitor ;) )

It was a 2018 Winter NAMM LTD, really unique looking with some interesting specs such as the 57 V neck and HW broadcaster / HW Texas special pickup config. So far I'm loving it!

N561sU7.jpg

lepUpgM.jpg

C0diTN8.jpg

poW5d03.jpg

Out in the wild
UWQD3vp.jpg

Pics don't do it justice, skip to 3:54 on the video I do some closeup b-roll going over the whole guitar and you can really appreciate the checking and relic finish.

I also demo the guitar with some various tones. The pickup combination on paper is a little strange, don't think I've seen this combo listed very often. Curious to hear from the experts how common the broadcaster/texas special are paired. I like it so far, but I've got nothing to compare it to :)

Congrats, that's a work of art!

Dacious

Doctor of Teleocity
I had a 51 Nocaster CS Thinline - my most regretted sale, needed money unfortunately.

yeatzee

Tele-Meister
Thanks guys! I'm loving it!

Great guitar. I've seen one other that was similar to it but it wasn't double bound beneath the white.
Oh that's interesting! I've always been a double bound fan, though admittedly on this guitar it's not as obvious :)

Congrats, that's a work of art!
Couldn't agree more! I talk about it in the video, but I know there are a lot of relic haters out there and I can see their perspective. For me though, I look at it like art and its got its own unique identity that is different from any other guitar out there since every relic is at least a little different.

Yes, that’s a nice one, congratulations:) I enjoyed the video and great playing:)
Thanks for watching!

I had a 51 Nocaster CS Thinline - my most regretted sale, needed money unfortunately.
Oh that sounds awesome, have any pics to share?

Nice guitar. Who would have thought of the white over burst paint job?
No clue, but I'm glad they did!

Here's another shot I took of it:
NDMjyx7.jpg

yeatzee

Tele-Meister
Cool, but I think I'd be tempted to scrape that white off to see more of that gorgeous sunburst and wood grain...
Just need to play it a bunch. It's like having a tootsie pop, takes some work to get to the candy ;)

Pips

Tele-Holic
Just play it, it’s an absolute beauty. I have several relic tele’s they get a ding so what, imagine what it will look like in 10 years and the stories it will tell.

yeatzee

Tele-Meister
Just play it, it’s an absolute beauty. I have several relic tele’s they get a ding so what, imagine what it will look like in 10 years and the stories it will tell.
Yeah I love not worrying as much about finish damage and its not like the guitar won't continue to wear it my own unique playing wear over time!

That guitar looks absolutely amazing
I agree! I posted it in a Tele FB group that it turns out is filled with relic haters. I got comments ranging from "Trash" to "yikes" and "lucky it sounds good" :lol:

Last edited:

Paulie13

Tele-Holic
Yeah I love not worrying as much about finish damage and its not like the guitar won't continue to wear it my own unique playing wear over time!

I agree! I posted it in a Tele FB group that it turns out is filled with relic haters. I got comments ranging from "Trash" to "yikes" and "lucky it sounds good" :lol:

HA! That thing is gorgeous man, ignore the relic and CS haters. Any post with a custom shop or relic is always met with "overpriced, partscasters are better, etc etc". Also really enjoyed the video presentation of it.

Jay Jernigan

Tele-Afflicted
Okay, so, totally NOT my cup of tea, but I do appreciate the outrageous look of this guitar. I have no doubt that it plays and sounds awesome. Congratulations.