50's Roadworn Tele through a Tubemeister 18

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Hendrixlvr, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Holic

Hi folks! I just wanted to share with you a little video of me with my amazing Roadworn tele playing through a little Tubmeister 18 head and cabinet! That's me in the cowboy hat, and you can see my little blue beauty glowing in the background . Sound is just me, my trusty Telecaster, and the Tubemeister with footswitch. I've got it turned down to the 5w setting, as the 18w one was too loud for the stage lol....who'd have thought that 5 watts was enough to play in a hall of 500 people .....I'm fairly new to the Tele world, but this has got to be the sweetest combo of guitar and amp I've ever played through in my 17+ years of playing. Tele's are the most versatile guitar on the market as far as I'm concerned.

Attached Files:

2. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Holic

Oh yea....this was my first time playing the Tele in a 'live gig' setting too, and she didn't disappoint! She's a tone monster compared to the Les Paul on the right, if i do say so myself, but i might be a little bias towards Telecasters ;) lol

3. NAFTelePhil

NAFTelePhil TDPRI Member

That's great stuff; you seem right at home with that tele.

I have the same option on my amp, but 5 watts gets about as loud as 16, only it breaks up earlier.

4. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Holic

Oh yea....I "bonded" with my Tele right away! It's an amazing instrument....my only regret is that I used to 'pass them by' because they were 'too simple' to sound good lol....boy was I wrong! This thing is more versatile than my old Strat! I wish I'd started my love affair years ago haha.

5. DRFP

DRFP Tele-Holic

Sounds Good, And Yeah I had an American Strat years ago and I missed it but after getting a tele I never look back now I love the feel and the sounds I can have when playing

6. NAFTelePhil

NAFTelePhil TDPRI Member

"my only regret is that I used to 'pass them by' because they were 'too simple' to sound good lol....boy was I wrong!"

Me, too. I always liked the sound of a classic-configuration telly, but thought it a "country" thing. An awesome but somewhat limited instrument. Hell no, it's only as limited as the player, and I can't wait to get mine together.

7. Noob

Noob TDPRI Member

Very nice! So you're playing your tubemeister on 5W unmic'd? :eek:

8. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Holic

lol, no it was mic'd for sure, but on 18w, the stage volume was too much to allow the sound tech to "equalize" the volumes into the mix ;)

9. Tony Ounsworth

Tony Ounsworth Tele-Meister

Hey Amp Bro!

[​IMG]

I used to have the Tubemeister 18 but now I've got the 36w version. I also have it set to 5w for rhythm sounds, and use the midi footswitch to jump to 18w or 36w for a solo.

It's a great amp, I absolutely love it. So small as well!

10. Twang Man

Twang Man Tele-Holic

and to think I hump a full 8x12 Marshall stack around to every gig... jeez I need to look into this

11. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Holic

Lol. For sure. Small amps are great! But it's the tele that makes it sound so good, I'm sure ;)

12. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Holic

@Tony! My amp bro! Lol. That's a great feature to be able to switch power settings for volume boost. That little blue glow sure does look good lol

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.