1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

50's Road Worn Tele Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Broly, Jan 15, 2009.

1. chrisj1602

chrisj1602 Tele-Meister

I’m not certain, maybe 2009.

2. Digiplay

Digiplay Tele-Afflicted

I posted on the Vintage Tele Forum, and I asked if they thought a Road Worn '50s fretboard wear looked authentic, and the resounding answer was NO!!!!!

Every response said that my attached photo of my 2011 model (as well as a 2008 model) looked fake because there was no literally no wear from fret 9 to fret 12, and when you think about it, we do play in those areas as well :)

So exactly how do I perform the work on those areas to make them match the other wear?

Thanks,
    Jerry

IMG_4995.jpg

3. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I just wanna say, I've owned maybe 40-50 Teles over the years... I had a Highway 1 I really loved, but my favorites of all time have been the Road Worn series! Best Tele ever in my opinion. I like the older ones with more wear to the body.

4. BobTheOwl

BobTheOwl Tele-Meister

IMG_4382.jpeg

My 2010 Roadworn has evolved over the years. The tuners were replaced with Gotoh Relic Kluson style, Bakelite style pickguard, compensated brass saddles, CS '51 Nowcaster pickups, fully rewired with vintage cloth wire with repro wax capacitor, milled jack socket, AV 52 switch tip and all screws have been replaced with aged slotted screws.

rze99 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.