1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

50's Road Worn Tele Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Broly, Jan 15, 2009.

1. teleswisster

teleswisster Tele-Meister

Fookin awesome! I might do that one of these days

2. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

2014 '50s Road Worn Tele stripped naked

New to the club, my 2014 '50's Road Worn. The original owner stripped the finish and I think the ash is pretty. I think the neck and other relicing is very light and tasteful and it feels great. I will have the frets profiled to a 10 radius, as I usually do on 7.25 necks.

Sounds great with just a bit of drive. The middle position sounds really lovely. I like the bridge sound with the volume rolled off just a little as it makes it a little woodier. I'll likely pop Nocasters in there soon.

Attached Files:

Telebeestar and Frito-Man like this.
  3. crumpler

crumpler Tele-Meister

Brand new to the club.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've loved the blonde 50s RW Tele since I first laid eyes on one.

Just this week I picked one up, a used 2008 model. It just feel like a pair of well worn jeans.

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1453571887.132667.jpg

Jim603 and RevBillyG like this.
  4. Manolian

Manolian Tele-Meister

I dig the one on the left ,wish Fender made a road worn like that. ;)

5. crumpler

crumpler Tele-Meister

Ha, that's the Rondomusic.com Hadean Antiquity, it's a top loader.

The wear isn't nearly as convincing nor comprehensive as the Fender version, but it's an outstanding value, and heck of a player in it's own right.

I made a deal on the Hadean to keep in the den where my one-year-old daughter might get to it. While it was on its way from Cali (first owner), I came across the Fender RW at a price too good to pass up.

The hadean may not stay here too long, in the midst of everything, I've been trying to pair down on my guitar gear...

6. dnauheim

dnauheim Tele-Meister

I don't usually like clear finishes on a tele but that's really stunning!

7. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Cheers.

it's going to go to its first band outing this weekend. The Nocasters are wonderful in this baby.

I Had it through my old 70s Marshall stack and then Deluxe reverb combined on Sunday playing some loud dirty old licks. Marvellous.

8. oramac7891

oramac7891 Friend of Leo's

image.jpeg Add me to the fold, here's mine.

9. saxosim

saxosim Tele-Meister

I'll join please. Here is mine that I bought a few weeks back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim603, markjames and RevBillyG like this.
  10. tboneberry

tboneberry TDPRI Member

roadword_tele.JPG roadword_tele_2.JPG Here's mine. Got it new six months ago so the relicing is modest which I prefer. I changed the pups to Vineham, nut to bone, saddles to Callaham compensated, switch tip and pickguard to white, and had the frets crowned and polished. Over the past few years I've tried and horse-traded the following guitars to find one that I could bond with: Fender CS deluxe, Ron Kirn custom made Tele, Danocaster Strat, Nash Strat, Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio, and an Epiphone Riviera Custom 1966. Despite being half the price or more, this RW is the one. Honeymoon period is over and I'm still seriously impressed. That's guitars for you . . .

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  11. Rich 7

Rich 7 NEW MEMBER!

Hi everyone
    I would like to know if anybody have tried Warmoth pickguard on their RW 50 ? Mine is kind of wavy and need to be change but not too sure if they fit . Thanks

12. tbrookshire

tbrookshire TDPRI Member

Haven't been on in a while to keep my GAS down but I just got this bad boy so it's safe to jumo back on! This one has a good bit of checking going on, I see some don't. Also, does everyone's have alot of "banging" marks at the end and bottom of the headstock? Mine does but I've never noticed it on other pics I've seen. Honeslty the only part of the relicing thaf I don't like.

Will be moving my Rutters Saddles and Lollar neck pickup from another tele to this bad boy soon!

20160406_154655.jpg 20160406_154920.jpg 20160406_154710.jpg

13. wiretap

wiretap Tele-Meister

Mine has the headstock stuff, though I like it, as well as a lot of body checking, which is even more visible now after taking it on tour and all the sweat and grime that has accumulated in it (made a thread about how fast the thin nitro actually wears on these under real conditions in the main forum, here)

14. tweedman2001

tweedman2001 Tele-Afflicted

Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There
    All right all right! I've had mine for awhile but didn't officially join the club till now.
    It's an 08 that I converted to an esquire. Benson pup and special wiring. 1- straight out, 2- vol & tone, 3- modified cocked wah. Also made the neck wear a little more real after the photo. IMG_1692.JPG

markjames, RevBillyG and wiretap like this.
  15. tboneberry

tboneberry TDPRI Member

After some six months with the white guard I've gone back to the original look.

Attached Files:

markjames likes this.
  16. hellcat

hellcat NEW MEMBER!

IMAG0008_1.jpg IMAG0010_1.jpg

hi there!

RevBillyG and 2-finger like this.
  17. youkron

youkron TDPRI Member

[​IMG]
    The day I met her.

RevBillyG likes this.
  18. youkron

youkron TDPRI Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    These are I believe the only two pictures I have taken of my sunburst one.

Which now has a Bakelite pickguard.

RevBillyG likes this.
  19. Gdolly

Gdolly Tele-Meister

New member here. Just bought one this week. Replaced bridge pickup with a Voodoo TE59.

20. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

I'm a new member too. Got my 2016 blonde one two months ago. It felt right from the moment I picked it up. I'm not into the relic thing, but the way way it plays and sounds convinced me to buy. Great resonance and about the best feeling maple neck I've ever played. I was originally planning to replace the pickups right away based on some opinions I have read. However, after a couple of gigs, they are staying for now. With the higher output and mid emphasis compared to more traditional Tele pickups, they drive my amps in a good way and sit well in the mix too. So other than adding compensated brass saddles (the stock steel were not bad at all) and a treble bleed cap/resistor, it's staying stock for now. Great value.
    RoadWorn1.jpg

G-52, Gdolly, RevBillyG and 1 other person like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.