50s Adventures of Superman theme

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
I wonder if the Superman Theme ever had lyrics. The first three notes just seem to say "Superman." John Williams used the same three notes in his Superman theme a couple of decades later.

Not enough notes to be plagiarism, so Williams is ok.

Doctorx33

Friend of Leo's
Man that takes me back. I loved that show.
I remember one where a wanted criminal sealed himself inside a cube of some kind of substance that even Superman couldn’t get through. Superman went to a scientist friend of his that told him to rearrange his atoms to allow him to walk through solid walls.

Rufus

Friend of Leo's
I liked the episode where the little green subterranean men crawled out of the oil well. (It was in b&w, but I assumed they were green).
Of course humans were inhuman to them and Superman saved the day by taking them back to the oil well so they could return to their world and then sealed it up so it wouldn’t happen again.
Kinda like the space alien scenario

Big Monz

Tele-Meister
I liked the episode where the little green subterranean men crawled out of the oil well. (It was in b&w, but I assumed they were green).
Of course humans were inhuman to them and Superman saved the day by taking them back to the oil well so they could return to their world and then sealed it up so it wouldn’t happen again.
Kinda like the space alien scenario
Yes, that episode was great. It was actually a two part episode. There was an under-current theme of overreacting to the unknown, as the paranoid town folk grabbed their guns and went hunting for the creatures and actually shot one of them. Turns out the little guys were actually peaceful, they just didn’t like oil rigs drilling down into their world below ground.

how do I remember all these details? I watched the episode, and several others, fairly recently with my grandson!

Telegazer

Tele-Holic
Loads of childhood memories.

Although historically enigmatic to anything musically rousing in the Western tradition, fanfare like, or having to do with hunting foxes, I had never realized that John Williams may have specifically preserved the tonic-dominant "horn fifths" for the 1978 Superman Main Title March as likely a call back to the 1950s theme, of course with Star Wars Main Theme being flip with the 4ths and naturally evoking a similar emotional response.

Makes sense, they're the stuff of musical nostalgia.