50 years ago!!!

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
Next year would have been out 50th as well. Congrats on finding a special one. I know the feeling of pride and life long joy.

She passed November 1, 2021. It was a wonderful 48 years. I knew our marriages were close. Ours was June 4, 1973.

Truly sorry to hear it. If you posted about it, I either missed it or had forgotten about it in the intervening months. I can't imagine that pain.

At my age, the thought of one of us going first definitely crosses my mind on occasion. Selfishly, I want it to be me, because I can't imagine life without her. Ideally, I'd like us to go out together in about 15-20 years, and in some grandiose way, sorta like Hub and Garth in a failed biplane stunt (Secondhand Lions reference).

Oh, and our anniversary is April 21st.

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
Brilliant a great picture with a great narrative.
You've a whole future ahead of you in that photo.
There's something very poignant about it.

The thought occurred to me in preparing to post this thread that our whole life together was ahead of us in that photo. I didn't choose that wording because it sounded kinda cliché in my head. But you're right, it was. I guess a thing kind sound cliché but still be true.

Oh, and you've been married for a bit, too, IIRC. Over the years of posting on TDPRI I've learned that marital longevity is a blessing that quite a few of us here enjoy.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Your story and photo will keep me smiling all day. Looking at a photo like that from a contemporary, taken at a time when we were about the same age, really connects. While I've never met either of you it's not hard to image you being in my circle of friends at the same age. (...warning, old guy comment next...) And it all seems like yesterday. Real nice to hear that you guys stayed the course-happy for you both.

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
No offense OP but it looks like you married up 😀

I venture to say that some guys marry well above their station. such is the case with me, and, according to your post, yourself. Beth is obviously a gorgeous lady, as is my own, and it's very obvious we are lucky men, indeed! (We're working on 45).

Y'all ain't wrong! And no offense taken, Downeast.

Chip

Friend of Leo's
Now we know who the inspiration for Donna & Eric from That 70’s Show were…
FC68DD01-07B3-4487-BF95-D5F2A433E662.jpeg

DC6C9912-13B1-458C-91FB-85325B9C6E92.jpeg