50 years ago!!!

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
I started to post this pic in the September 2022 random pics thread, but even though I just got this pic, it was not taken in September of 2022. So I decided this pic gets its own thread.

Fifty years ago o_O a foreign exchange student from Finland (Marja) was returning home, and some of us who had befriended her were seeing her off. I liked her well enough, but didn't really get to know her that much. My wife Beth (then high school sweetheart), OTOH, had a class with her and got to know Marja. They've recently reconnected on social media, and Marja sent Beth pics she took of us and some other high school friends that gave her a send off. Beth cropped the pic to be just the two of us, taken by Marja early in 1972.

1662225204064.jpeg

Beth and I have known each other for more than 50 years, as this pic from 1972 documents. I look camera shy in this pic, I don't know what I was thinking in that moment. But to me this pic is all about Beth.

Next April will be our 50th wedding anniversary, and when you look at her, you don't have to wonder why I've stayed with her for half a century. (I do often wonder why she's stayed.) And she's as sweet and loving as she is lovely.

Deeve

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Well done

We've gone a lil over 40 so far - I will be optimistic and look for pics from the early days, to post when/if we cross this milestone, too.
Peace - Deeve

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
You both look great. Young and full of expectations I guess?

Well, thanks, I don't know about the "both look great" part, but she certainly did and does. She actually did some modeling in her junior and senior year. She's six foot tall, and most of it legs. I'm shorter, BTW. Our joke for 50 years has been I'm 5'10" and she's 5'12".

And young? Yeah, we were very young (I was 19, she was 18 when we married) and idealistic. Of course, we've had ups and downs since, and life kicked us in the teeth a few times, but we've faced it together.

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
I started to post this pic in the September 2022 random pics thread, but even though I just got this pic, it was not taken in September of 2022. So I decided this pic gets its own thread.

View attachment 1024154

I look camera shy in this pic, I don't know what I was thinking in that moment.

Well my guess is you were silently thanking God for that beauty next to you. Congratulations to you both. May God bless your marriage, buddy.

39martind18

Friend of Leo's

Fifty years ago o_O a foreign exchange student from Finland (Marja) was returning home, and some of us who had befriended her were seeing her off. I liked her well enough, but didn't really get to know her that much. My wife Beth (then high school sweetheart), OTOH, had a class with her and got to know Marja. They've recently reconnected on social media, and Marja sent Beth pics she took of us and some other high school friends that gave her a send off. Beth cropped the pic to be just the two of us, taken by Marja early in 1972.

View attachment 1024154

Beth and I have known each other for more than 50 years, as this pic from 1972 documents. I look camera shy in this pic, I don't know what I was thinking in that moment. But to me this pic is all about Beth.

Next April will be our 50th wedding anniversary, and when you look at her, you don't have to wonder why I've stayed with her for half a century. (I do often wonder why she's stayed.) And she's as sweet and loving as she is lovely.
I venture to say that some guys marry well above their station. such is the case with me, and, according to your post, yourself. Beth is obviously a gorgeous lady, as is my own, and it's very obvious we are lucky men, indeed! (We're working on 45).