50 Year Old Picture

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Found today. <Edit> Wife said it was in a box of my Dad's pilot logs.

I was 15 (I grew into my ears)

Recognized:

Martin 000-18
Sears Silvertone (middle of second refinishing job)
Santana Poster
Chicago Poster
Yellow Submarine (made when I was 13)

<Edit> And I see a bit of banjo on the right. I didn't wear white shoes . . . those are golf shoes.

upload_2021-12-12_17-57-55.png

Last edited:

drewg

Tele-Holic
Found today. I was 15 (I grew into my ears).

Martin 000-18
Santana Poster
Chicago Poster
Yellow Submarine (I made it when I was 13)

<Edit> And I see a bit of banjo on the right. I didn't wear white shoes . . . those are golf shoes.

View attachment 928392

Cool pic that dates you pretty well. I’m guessing I was 2 at that time. I like your Yellow Submarine poster. That was the first album I ever owned (bought for me).
Do you still have the Martin?

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Cool pic that dates you pretty well. I’m guessing I was 2 at that time. I like your Yellow Submarine poster. That was the first album I ever owned (bought for me).
Do you still have the Martin?

I sold the Martin in 1978 to help pay for my Yairi (DY-85), which I still have. I made the Yellow Submarine out of 1/4 in plywood.

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
Wow! great picture. No worries on the white golf shoes I still have two pair in my collection that I wear....They look like a nice pair of Footjoys, FJs or Classics?

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire

Martin 000-18
Santana Poster
Chicago Poster

View attachment 928392
That reminds me of my dorm room freshman year. Too little space with too much in it. You always wanted to go to the girl’s dorm room. At least you could walk from the door to the bed without tripping and killing yourself.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
this is us @72.... there was a guitar there somewhere at the party... I'm on the left in the Miller shirt..

the guy next to me was my buddy, he had an acoustic and played these rambling stories he made up as he went along over a few basic chords.... he was a FZ lover... and I learned guitar chords on his guitar after school...

some of those stories would be requested at other gatherings and he'd have to re tell them with new versions of the story.... as he'd never quite remember the details next time, just a recurring theme with similar characters... so funny...

trev and chris 72 bigger.jpg

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Wow! great picture. No worries on the white golf shoes I still have two pair in my collection that I wear....They look like a nice pair of Footjoys, FJs or Classics?

The only thing I remember about those shoes is that I bought 10 1/2 expecting to grow into them (and I stopped at 9 1/2).

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Okay, StoneH, let me jog your memory and help my with mine:

Was that Chicago poster an insert in their second album, the one originally titled Chicago, later re-titled as Chicago II?

There was a recent thread about album inserts.

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Okay, StoneH, let me jog your memory and help my with mine:

Was that Chicago poster an insert in their second album, the one originally titled Chicago, later re-titled as Chicago II?

There was a recent thread about album inserts.

The poster came in this album. They were "Chicago Transit Authority" on their first LP. I don't remember the second LP being re-titled.

upload_2021-12-12_21-20-8.png

gridlock

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter

Martin 000-18
Santana Poster
Chicago Poster

View attachment 928392
Cool picture.