5 Pedals You'll Never Sell

scottser

Friend of Leo's
I'm on my third Boss bd2, second ge7 and my second Joyo AS. There's no point selling any of those because I'll just buy them back at some stage. I have a feeling the rv5 will be the same so I can't see that going any time soon, same as the tu3.

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
The Ethos TLE. Man, that thing makes single coils sound exquisite.
Analogman NKT 275 Sunface.
MXR Phase 100. I only use it for one sound, but oh what a sound.
Maxon Sonic Distortion. All the tone of a TS without losing the lows and get a mid hump.
Analogman Mini Dual Bicomp.

I've had all of these for some time. I'm sure there's all kinds of stuff out now that I would dig, but I am not a buy and flipper kinda dude.

Oh, and honorable mention for the Lovepedal Pickle Vibe. My buddy was kind of pissed when it sounded better through my Two Rock than his Fulldrive sounded through his Fuch's. Truth be told, I run the 2R through a JBL D130F hempcone, which blows Celestions and Jensens away.

Lt Dak

TDPRI Member
I've got a bit of a pedal problem. I stopped selling, and they rarely leave now.

5 "lifers" off the top of my head:

-Boss dd3 - my first and still favorite delay given to me back in the 90s. It looks rough, but still works like a champ.
-Whiteface rat
-Prescription Electronics facelift
- Dunlop Rotovibe.
- Acid Fuzz zoink.

MarshallHeart

Tele-Afflicted
So easy to end up with a wall of pedals that collect dust. I'm all about use 'em or lose 'em. During Covid Lock-Down - I tried a boatload of them. The five I will take to the grave are:

Analogman - Beano (has a weird "secret" idiosyncrasy in that it works especially well with the input plug half-way in, it does marvelous tonal rounding for clean playing.) Works as advertised when used in the normal way too.

Valbruch - Spacetime. I need room or hall effects that can be really subtle, not all that oogy-boogy endless repeats and tonal distortions.

Rowin - Dumbler - Cheap and it just works.

JB Nano - Jangle Box - Coupled with a good Tele, essential for getting that Mike Campbell sound without the expense of buying an AC30 just for that tone.

Weber Mini Mass - Strictly speaking, an anti-pedal. Running my '67 Blackface Princeton at #5 or #6 through it allows the sound of the Tele to come through without all the loss and artificial fuzz of distortion pedals.
I never sell any of my pedals...especially my first one ever, a BOSS MIJ SD-1; which I bought 1983 with my hard earned pocket money

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Boss GE-7 MIJ; first pedal I ever bought.

T-Rex Fat Shuga boost/reverb; great pedal, sounds like it was tailor-made for my SF no-verb Princeton.

tc electronics Tube Pilot modded by me; perfect for adding just a hint of Stones/Black Crowes breakup without falling apart. It's sonic MSG.

Behringer Ultra Vibrato; great sounding pedal on its own, vibrato through one amp in a two-amp setup is the best chorus effect ever, and I'd love to put it and my Behringer tremolo in the same enclosure.

Boss BD-2; it's my fat switch. Stacks well with all of the other stuff.

Honorable mention, y splitter plug; turns the buffered bypass Boss pedals into a better alternative for running two amps with separate signal paths than my passive ABY pedal.

gitlvr

Friend of Leo's
There's only one I'll never part with; an old MXR Series 2000 DynaComp. I played it for several years or so. It was an always on pedal, and a core part of my sound
Then I switched to rack gear and sold it. Years later I was rummaging around at Rolls Music and saw one in their used gear. Imagine my surprise when I opened the battery compartment and found my initials that I had previously written in pencil on the circuit board.
I immediately bought it back, and I'll die with it.

Canadiense. El

Tele-Meister
I didn't make it to 5, and even 4 was a bit of a stretch. I've got some cool pedals, but most are expendable for one reason or another.

Maxon 999 Delay - This is the strongest "Not for sale!!!" on my list. It's really just the perfect example of a 3 knob analogue delay. Big enclosure or not, it's not going anywhere.

Diamond Phase - I love phasing. So I might get others but the sound and feel of this pedal is special. It doesn't bring bells and whistles, just useful controls over the rich fundamental sound.

Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - I'm not sure about this one, honestly. I like it, and it's been my main overdrive sound for years, but I've been wanting to compare it to other pedals with the same format. And would it be worth it to me to sell it? I don't think so.

Fulltone Ultimate Octave - Maybe an odd choice, but the fact that it's not a sound I go to often, that I can switch the octave in and out, and it's relatively small and top-loading, why sell it?

There are a few others that I think are either obvious keepers but could swap out (TC polytune mini, Vox Wha), or ones that I need to spend more time with but are serious contenders for "never sell" status (Diamond Comp jr., Strymon DIG, J Rocket Archer, Fulltone 70, Morgan NTK).

Kungpow!

Tele-Meister
TS9 reissue, from the 90s, modded, my beloved Screamer
Dunlop gcb95 wah, 90s and also modded, first pedal I ever got, refinished in plum metallic
Black Russian ehx bmp, 20 bucks off craigslist, probably best score of my life
Boss ce2, black label mij, nuff said
Zendrive clone I built, put lots TLC into it

Everything else I have is... well... I'd grab these 5 if the place goes up in flames!

soundchaser59

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Rivera Sustain Shaman
Allums modded SD-2
Hardwire Chorus
Rivera Mini Rockrec (although I don't consider it to really be a pedal)

Damage Control Womanizer is the one I never should have let go of.

Recalcitrant

Tele-Meister
I've had Bosses CS-3 and CE-5 for almost 30 years. And of course everybody needs a Crybaby.

There's two J. Rocketts that sound kind of classic: .45 Caliber and Blue Note.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
So easy to end up with a wall of pedals that collect dust. I'm all about use 'em or lose 'em. During Covid Lock-Down - I tried a boatload of them. The five I will take to the grave are:

Analogman - Beano (has a weird "secret" idiosyncrasy in that it works especially well with the input plug half-way in, it does marvelous tonal rounding for clean playing.) Works as advertised when used in the normal way too.

Valbruch - Spacetime. I need room or hall effects that can be really subtle, not all that oogy-boogy endless repeats and tonal distortions.

Rowin - Dumbler - Cheap and it just works.

JB Nano - Jangle Box - Coupled with a good Tele, essential for getting that Mike Campbell sound without the expense of buying an AC30 just for that tone.

Weber Mini Mass - Strictly speaking, an anti-pedal. Running my '67 Blackface Princeton at #5 or #6 through it allows the sound of the Tele to come through without all the loss and artificial fuzz of distortion pedals.
Boss SG-1 Slow Gear, MiJ Boss CE-2 Chorus and Boss TW-1 T Wah
BossCE2&SG1.jpg
BossCE2sback.jpg
BossTW-1.jpg

gitaarwerk

TDPRI Member
I thought I didn't sell most of my pedals. They were all special. Then I sold them. Like a Van Weelden Royal Overdrive, #34. I owned a lot of hand made models. But they were just taking up space. I always get GAS and I feel I need to collect. Then I think I don't. But that's part of ADHD apparently :p

A DoD juicebox, is maybe something I don't sell.

In the mean time, I've gathered 2 special pedals I may not sell. Both from Dr.No effects, as he hand makes them, and from the same country.

They do look cool...

Dr.No_Sorciere_top2-2048x2048.png

Necrofuzzicon_1-2048x2048.png