5 Pedals You'll Never Sell

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
I plan to sell everything eventually.

You can't take it with you.

I'd hate to be the person who has to deal with Keith Richards guitar gear collection.

kbold

Friend of Leo's
Well ...... I'll never sell a Klon, because I'll never own one.
I will probably keep my Klon clone, because I like it, and being home grown looks like a rats **se.
Also ...
DSCF4399 (2).JPG

... the JamMan Solo, being my band in a pedal thing,
the DHA VT1-STD, as it adds some extra-tubey colour (and with Dave Halls passing (RIP) would become more difficult to replace),
and the Iceverb FKCNCR since it's super rare (and super-nice reverb), and I don't have reverb on my amp.

No ... wait ... they're all for sale (if the price is right).

dukewellington

Tele-Meister
DOD 250 Preamp/Overdrive, reissue (the one with gold sparkle paint). Versatile in so many ways… I have yet to see a YT video from the pedal experts on how many different ways there are to use this pedal. Sounds fantastic, too.

Guyatone VT-3 Tremolo. Total heap, but absolutely nails a deep and amplike sine wave trem. And with the rate turned down and the depth turned up, it makes an interesting preamp/colored boost.

Ross Phaser (MIT black box, long chip). Fascinating harmonics right at the edge of the envelope, sounds better with a cranked amp on the verge of feedback, and gets bizarre warble/whistle if the rate goes too fast. Reminds me of an Electric Lady, but not quite. Needs improvements to the circuit available in the pedal mod forums on the web, but I can’t bring myself to take an iron to it. Beautifully traced board inside. Cost $50.

TS9. Any of them. I’m old and I lose things, so I need more than one.

Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay. Essential to the working rig. File under TS9.

Dunlop Cry Baby. I really don’t want to have to buy another one of these things, and since they’re virtually indestructible, I guess I won’t sell it. I’m a bigger fan of Morley, for the record.

Morley Chorus-Flanger. Essential to the rig, also great for playing Frankenstein.

I have a box full of Morley pedal effects. They make great stuff.

oatsoda

Tele-Holic
TS10. I bought it when my TS9 got stolen out of my gig bag, would have been some time late in ‘87. Needed dirt, and it was what was available. Also taken was an EH Electric Mistress which I tried several others trying to replace it, with no joy.

1st gen Ibanez Stereo Chorus is number two, dad bought it about ‘83, gigged with it extensively, and used it on at least a couple of his albums. It made it onto my about ‘88ish, when he went keyboard for awhile.

Numbers 3 and 4 are 1st gen Boss pedals. PH-1 Phaser, BF-2 Flanger. Both of these came to me within a year of each other, and when you could pick them up in the $25 to $40 range, during the time almost everyone had abandoned their pedals, going multi effect pedals, or an amp with built ins. The PH is a silver screw and the BF is black screw.

Pedal number 5, and yes, I should be ashamed to have this on my board, Tone Monk Om. Yes, it’s a rip off of something else. Yes, it was likely built with components acquired under false pretences. Yes, it’s heavily gooped so when someday it dies, there will be no repair possible. But, it just sounds so darned amazing. Anybody else still tethered to the naughty tone monk?

So that’s my 5.

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

Honestly, nothing. I’m not sentimental about these things and I own nothing that I couldn’t replace, either with the same or something equivalent.

I know I’m supposed to be in love with my KOT, and while it’s really good (esp. the boost side), I think I like and use my Keeley Super Phat Mod more. Today, I’d buy a Prince Of Tone to pair with the SPM.

But, having said all that, I probably won’t sell anything either. It’s not in my nature, and besides, apart from two tremolos, I don’t really have any duplicates. Even my drive pedals are all of different types / topology origins.

Pax/
Dean

patman555

TDPRI Member
Analogman King of Tone
Analogman Bi-Comprossor
Ibanez PT9 Phaser
Strymon Iridium (at home when I’m not using my Deluxe Reverb)

These apply as long as my Telecaster is the only one I play. They are the perfect combination. I keep the other several dozen pedals for other guitars or different moods.

overlook1977

Tele-Meister
1. Xotic Effects RC Booster (makes my bf twin reverb sound like a chimey plexi). NEVER leaves my pedalboard!

2. Mad Professor Snow White Autowah

3. TC Electronics Nova Delay

4. Fulltone Wahfull (dial in three different cocked wah sounds)

5. Timmy Drive

jddub440

Tele-Holic
5 seems like a lot of guitar pedals to be lifelong attached to.....nonetheless I stubbonly refuse to sell any of my EHX effects, even the ones that see very little action!

Lowspeid

Tele-Meister
1. Way Huge Red Llama 25th: if you know, you know.

2. GGG Blues Breaker Clone: 1st pedal I built myself. Makes everything else sound better.

3. Boss TR-2: I’ve had “every” tremolo out there, but the TR-2 never leaves my board.

4. Boss DD-20: worst gear mistake I ever made was selling my original. Best gear purchase I’ve made (outside my ‘60s AO Tele) was re-buying this pedal

5. This is a tie: Marshall Shredmaster given to me by my brother, and original NYC BMP given to me by a really good friend. Love both pedals, but I love the dudes who gave them too me WAY more!

SbS

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Uraltone Experimental F-Face 2.0 (AC-127)
Uraltone Rouhi Mk4 (AC-127)
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Deluxe
Cali76 Compact Deluxe
Boss DM-2w

Edgar Allan Presley

Friend of Leo's
I'm awfully fond of my pretty hand-painted Fuzz Factory, trusty Analogman delay, and old modded Turbo Rat. But I would absolutely sell them if the price was right (well above current market). I tend to be more sentimental about amps than pedals, and guitars than amps.

The piece of gear I can't imagine ever selling is my violin. I'm probably more a fiddler than guitar player, and I own only one fiddle, built in the 1880s. It was in my wife's family for generations. It probably isn't worth all that much, but it has a bold, clear voice, was built with obvious care and good wood, and is probably the most beautiful object I've ever owned.

Most of my performing these days is on acoustic instruments, so I've been feeling kind of weighed down by all my electric gear I'm not using much. I'm thinking of liquidating a lot of it, so this thread is helpful and timely for me.

wulfenganck

Tele-Afflicted
T-Rex Gull Wah
Strymon The Flint
Strymon El Capistan
Earthquaker Devices Palisades
RMI Basswitch IQ ID

Four of those are on my main pedalboard, the RMI Basswitch is the centre of my acoustic-board for acoustic guitar, ukulele, bass.

SpaceAceman

Tele-Meister
Boss-DD3
Suhr Riot
Diaz Tremodillo
Stamps Drive-O-Matic
Washburn Stack-In-A-Box

There are a lot more than that...but there are the 1st 5...

Probably 20 in all that I'd always keep.

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
TS-10 from the 80s
Flint
Deco
Cali76 Compact Deluxe
Nocturne El Pescadoro (unless I can get one in Warm Beer)

SpaceAceman

Tele-Meister
TS-10 from the 80s
Flint
Deco
Cali76 Compact Deluxe
Nocturne El Pescadoro (unless I can get one in Warm Beer)

I think it is a serious mistake to NOT sell that TS10. The market on those HAS to be about peak. If we forget who John Mayer is, or if Ibanez reissues....you are screwed.

Be real man - it's a Tube Screamer.